Author: Rearwindow

Is Chinese culture 'highly regarded' in the West?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-15 21:22:11 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2014-8-15 20:52
Please read my reply carefully. My point is that the U.S.A doesn't give a sh-t whether its citizen ...

The Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.  Is the world’s largest research and museum complex, with 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park, and various research stations. More than 137 million objects.  

The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, New York Is the largest single building museum in the world.  An coincidentally holding a exhibit on Chinese calligraphy.  

Its free to visit the Smithsonian,  the Museum of art is $25.  The Louvre costs 16 euro.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 21:49:02 |Display all floors
France places on Culture which is ostensibly lacking in the U.S.A.

hmmm, never been to any museums in the US???
Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC
National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
National Museum of the American Indian, Washington, DC
Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago, IL
Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL
Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
Museum of Science, Boston, MA
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 22:21:49 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-8-15 18:36
Ignorance of one fifth of humanity does not count as culture and civilization.

Chinese culture is just one among many and it is far from the top in terms of cultures Swedish people wish to enrich their lives with. Other cultures just so much more influential at the moment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 02:53:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-8-15 22:54

In a word, No, not really.
Meanwhile here is how Bloomberg is mocking Chinese tourists pouring into France, clutching yuan!

[size=1.1em]An epidemic is gripping Chinese tourists visiting the French capital: the Paris syndrome.

[size=1.1em]Like their Japanese counterparts, first-time visitors from China -- fed on media reports and movies like “An American in Paris,” or “Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amelie Poulain” -- arrive expecting to see a quaint, affluent and friendly European city with smartly dressed men and women smelling of Chanel No. 5.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 02:56:16 |Display all floors
Incedius420 Post time: 2014-8-15 17:22
The Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.  Is the world’s largest research and museum complex ...

Smithsonian is special....not the norm
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 02:59:41 |Display all floors
  1. Is Chinese culture "highly regarded' in the West? Does the West evaluate Chinese culture by comparing it to roman civilization?
Copy code
No, not really! If it were it would be widely talked about and not limited to academics with Chinese wives

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-16 04:16:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-15 22:03
You are from Sweden? You made an interesting observation.

I noticed in Europe last time I was t ...

Yes, Im swedish. Personally I think it is more associated with growth any kind of "alternative medicine". TCM isn't very common here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.