Author: KIyer

Indians fought Europe's wars   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-8 22:37:29 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-8 21:36
thanks for sharing. personal stories are interesting, but they do not have any bearing on the prin ...

So you don't see any pride at all in the indians who fought in WWI?

From what I read, they had a pretty impressive army.

Do you think no one took pride in serving?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 00:06:57 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-8 12:29
Wow - that is an incredible story.  Amazing he survived.

Yes it is, Even today they find dead soldiers in the alps. Who has been covered in snow and ice over 100 years.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 00:09:09 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-8 14:36
thanks for sharing. personal stories are interesting, but they do not have any bearing on the prin ...

Normal action for a colonial power to abuse the people for there own gain and profit. Many did not get a recognition for there participation in the WW I & not to forget WW II.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 02:42:31 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-8-9 00:09
Normal action for a colonial power to abuse the people for there own gain and profit. Many did not ...

I don't think his issue is about proper recognition for contributions to the war.

Recognizing their efforts is not the issue.  The issue {i think} is that they were victims due to the fact that they were even fighting in that war.

It doesn"t seem like he sees any of his people as heroes that should be recognized for bravery and honor.

He wants them to be recognized as victims of imperialism and that they were forced to be there.

Actually everyone in WWI you could say was a victim of imperialism as far as that goes.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 02:55:51 |Display all floors
i never understood why the indians never rebellious against the brits, and always obedient  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 03:54:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by nihao567 at 2014-8-9 03:57
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-8 22:37
So you don't see any pride at all in the indians who fought in WWI?

From what I read, they had a  ...

pride is the fuel, i think. why else would people serve if it did not make them feel proud. im sure its in the training. i call it being brainwashed, but anyway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 04:36:13 |Display all floors
Subjects of an empire are expected to fight for the empire.  Must be a first time in history!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.