Author: KIyer

Indians fought Europe's wars   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-8 13:42:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-8 15:42
laincoubert Post time: 2014-8-8 14:38
like I said the mindset in 1914 was so different than now

volunteers from people who if you are thi ...
As in 1914 it was different world with different values.

King and country, empire
honourable death etc.

and that just from the Imperialist side. that is what is called indoctrination. With a few minor changes of icons, it is very much around today too - with "Democracy, 'free' market and 'special people'" as the mantra instead of old ones. Same old wine, new bottles..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 14:36:34 |Display all floors
WW 1

WW1 was a bloodbath for oil , (the future) Israel and for profits for the Zionist banksters. Much like the Iraq and other recent turkey shoots. Sadly the inhabitants of the subcontinent and other colonies were forced and / or tricked into serving the blood soaked empire which starved tens of millions of their ancestors and looted them of much of their resources.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 18:02:10 |Display all floors
My grandfather started with draft military service in 1911. Came home 1914 after 2 weeks he was sent to Sarajevo. There he attended the parade for the Duke, After the death of the Duke he got the order to march to the Serbian border. So he he went on to other battle fields Galizia (Russian friont). Then to the front line in the Alps. Where he got over run by a canon that got loose from the hillside. After that he was declared dead and throwwn into a mass grave. His cousine refused to belkive that he was dead Jumped into it. Pulled him out after fighting with the doctors they checked him up found out that he was in a coma.
Woke up later then in 1918 he finaly came home.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 19:28:09 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-8 09:57
to put things in perspective here about 'volunteering'....

less men volunteer to fight than women w ...

I reject your analogy with prostitution.  Apples and Oranges

Your emotions about the topic are clouding your judgement.

I get it - I abhor colonialization.   I think its evil wherever its found.  

I'm not trying to excuse any of that here.   But laincoubert has a point.  It was a totally different mind-set during WWI than today.  Many things we find extremely unacceptable - WERE accepted as just 'life'.  It happens everywhere.   Throughout human history there were conquering nations and the victims of this learn to adapt their lives and make the best of it.  

Think about WWI and the reason it started....it was all about imperialism.  I have always considered gavrillo princip as a hero standing up against the greed of an expanding empire....... I would like to think that every slav in the balkans was like princip, but not only is that not fair, its not accurate.  It doesn't matter how much my own romantic vision of the story is or how much I would like to view all the croatians and bosnians as victims of austrian-hungarian oppression, its not accurate...at least not completely.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 19:28:37 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-8-8 12:38
like I said the mindset in 1914 was so different than now

volunteers from people who if you are thi ...

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 19:29:17 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-8-8 18:02
My grandfather started with draft military service in 1911. Came home 1914 after 2 weeks he was sent ...

Wow - that is an incredible story.  Amazing he survived.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-8 21:36:58 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-8-8 20:02
My grandfather started with draft military service in 1911. Came home 1914 after 2 weeks he was sent ...

thanks for sharing. personal stories are interesting, but they do not have any bearing on the principle of this OP - how the people who are victims of genocide or slavery or imperialism are exploited further by using them as fodder for other wars.
principles and violations of them can be judged and remain consistent no matter what distractions someone tries to take attention away from them. This OP is about one such principle.

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.