Views: 539|Replies: 4

Top 10 time-honored brands in China[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn-honored brands in Chin [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-6 11:53:36 |Display all floors
Most tourists coming to China want to get some traditional Chinese gifts for their families and friends. Although with time, some old brands have disappeared due to various reasons, a handful of them are still surviving and even becoming trendy.

Here are the top 10 time-honored brands in China.

1 VIVE

VIVE is a cosmetic brand launched in 1898 in Shanghai. As early as 1915, i ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-6 11:53:37 |Display all floors
In the 1930s, we wanted Singer but it was too expensive. Later, it was learnt that major parts of Singer were produced in Shanghai. So, we bought some Butterfly. They are good! Up till today, they serve without demand upon use! FANTASTIC! Now, China must improve further with electromechanizing most machine along with quality man-machine interphase, China made machinery will drive her economy with flying colors! We witness and will witness the many forthcoming crossing of higher hurdles that China will achieve modestly and will share the fruits with all humankind!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-7 21:18:14 |Display all floors
I only know five brands of them.  
We really need to support our national brands no matter new brands or celebrated brands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-10 12:26:02 |Display all floors
I believe the moment the government put in place comprehensive laws that protect intellectual property rights and promote them to the public, you may see more Chinese willing to share their traditional family trade secrets. I know that many Chinese keep some sort of trade secrets for obvious reason but the problem of doing so means that these techniques or formulaes do not get the chance to undergo further research and development and get converted into commercial use. Certain skills like kung-fu techniques should be kept secret because outsiders may convert them into weapons; but other artisan techniques, medical knowledge or even culinary recipies can have great economic values if the inventors' interests can be safe guarded by law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-12 16:15:13 |Display all floors
"...Butterfly. They are good! Up till today, they serve without demand upon use!"

Yes, because of WW2 my family became very poor. So my mother, still only middle-age around the late 1960s, decided to use her tailoring skills with a Butterfly. As you say, it was excellent.

All post-1978 Chinese news and other media are slanted. So this article refuses to reveal that it was during the Cultural Revolution that the machine became very popular in China and Southeast Asia. I recall that Butterfly machines became so popular that the Chinese people had to get tickets to wait for their turn to buy. Other great Chinese goods that did well internationally were Yunnan Baiyao, Zheng Gushui, Tientsin Sports shoes, and Phoenix bicycles. Not mentioning, of course, the traditional Chinese medicinal herbs and dried foods. Not bad for a country that was liberated just a couple of decades, with average life expectancy soaring from about 30 years to over 65 years by 1975. And a national defense that included ICBMs, nuclear submarines, satellites, etc. Nixon was smart to visit China during those years.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.