Author: longzhou

MH370 COULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT DOWN BY A HACKER? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-8 09:05:02 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-8-8 06:53
I've trying to dig for some news but no, nothing new other than what I already write in my first p ...

Yeah, it sounds plausible for that to happen.
It's unlikely for most serious hackers in such a league to just full out publish the inmeadiate exploit itself at that stage in such a case to the public without giving the industry a time frame to fix the issues.
I didn't expect that, nor shall you.
So far the hole you are speaking about is limited to attackers from within the same plane if I got it right?
That's, well, rather relaxing then compared to the holes that I knew of so far, as odd as it sounds.
At least it's not worse than what I already know.
Also, don't tell it too loudly to jf,
she thinks hackers are those script kiddies who defaced her website or hijacked some database or something like that,
because she couldn't be bothered to do a clean job and with dealing with known Issues before someone made her, or that the carders here were.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-8 09:16:06 |Display all floors
The CIA can bring down a plane using that method, but only if the plane had been hijacked first...
at least that's what the Malaysia president thinks...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 10:30:25 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-8-8 07:53
I've trying to dig for some news but no, nothing new other than what I already write in my first p ...

the cockpit Voice Data Recorder  would say that the pilot's were unhappy watching an invisible device taking control.
wonder how much longer them folks at Farnborough UK keep the Dutch people in the dark...
anyone heard a whisper...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 04:24:13 |Display all floors
shameless Post time: 2014-8-8 10:30
the cockpit Voice Data Recorder  would say that the pilot's were unhappy watching an invisible dev ...

Again at it,
pulling stuff out of your arse to suit your hypothisis where your supposed source does not offer any footing for your claims.
Not even the 777 security hole I was talking about allows for the capabilities you assume, longzhous by far even less so.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 09:07:53 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-8-9 05:24
Again at it,
pulling stuff out of your arse to suit your hypothisis where your supposed source doe ...

Again at WHAT?
Don't be such a sore loser; will ya!!
it's a fact that the Voice Data Recorder  would repeat what the pilot's were on about...read slowly and let it sink in for a little while...
And, isn't it a legitimate question, for the Netherlanders to ask as well how much longer them folks at Farnborough UK keep the Dutch people in the dark...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-10 08:01:42 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-8-9 05:24
Again at it,
pulling stuff out of your arse to suit your hypothisis where your supposed source doe ...
pulling stuff out of your arse to suit your hypothisis where your supposed source does not offer any footing for your claims.

German information technology consultant Hugo Teso, a security researcher for the German IT consultancy N.Runs...
Honeywell, for its part, confirms that it’s been talking to Teso’s employer.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andy ... navigation-systems/                                  Neddless to say that Teso notified Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Administration and they are working with the affected aerospace companies to fix the vulnerability...

The presentation can be found here :
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2013ams/hugo-teso/
Please follow @HITBSecConf on Twitter or join our Facebook Group

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-19 06:50:35 |Display all floors
shameless Post time: 2014-8-10 08:01
German information technology consultant Hugo Teso, a security researcher for the German IT cons ...

Was reacting oversensitive to perceived conclusion jumping.
Fact is your link lists one of the two exploits I was referring to.
Both that and longzhou's exploit however are not plausible causes of anything to have happened *yet*
That's not to say they are already pretty horrible.

A Pilot has repatiadly affirmed to me that there is much worse, still.

As far as I understood it, longzhou's mentioned expolit needs you inside the cabin, some way for a suicidal to go, however a laptop armed suicide terrorist was going to appear rather conspicuous when clinging to continue on his laptop when turbulences start.

Our's needs limited distance from your radio device to the plane in question. Great way for a psychopatic child to enjoy it's modified Droid.

The third exploit I don't know much about either is supposedly the sheer horror in comparison.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.