Author: moonshooter

Being an atheist in the US [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-8 00:04:09 |Display all floors
Labels are not important. Chinese people should not label themselves "atheists," the word has got all kinds of confusing connotations associated with it. They should just say, no religion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 12:48:34 |Display all floors
nihao567 Post time: 2014-8-8 00:04
Labels are not important. Chinese people should not label themselves "atheists," the word has got al ...

forgive me, your avator distracted my attention from your words,so cute!!!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-8 13:05:12 |Display all floors
nihao567 Post time: 2014-8-7 08:00
They were indoctrinated or brainwashed since childhood. Its so sad its not even funny.

If you wan ...

I absolutely agree with you.
Most kids in the U.S. are started young because parents think it will give them morality without any effort on the parent's part.
It's force of habit and laziness but most of all stupidity.
Religions in the west are businesses like any other business. They market their product and compete for customers.
What they offer in return for all those donations are ridiculous stories from an ancient book of fables.
I was lucky. I escaped. When I was very young my parents started taking me to Sunday school and I hated it so much
I locked myself in the bathroom and wouldn't open the door for the teachers until my parents came to pick me up.
It worked! No more Sunday school.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 16:03:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by nihao567 at 2014-8-8 16:04
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-8 13:05
Most kids in the U.S. are started young because parents think it will ...

If it was all just a business, I wouldn't mind it so much. But it does some weird stuff to people's minds.

Nice story. You must have been cute as a boy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 16:05:49 |Display all floors
moonshooter Post time: 2014-8-8 12:48
forgive me, your avator distracted my attention from your words,so cute!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 17:39:45 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-8 13:05
Most kids in the U.S. are started young because parents think it will ...

"Most kids in the U.S. are started young because parents think it will give them morality without any effort on the parent's part.
It's force of habit and laziness but most of all stupidity."

I guess that's why ALL the schoolkids in China are invited have to join the Young Pioneers from the age of six.
And then remember and recite in front of their peers at school, word for word, the Young Pioneers motto:

"I am a member of the Young Pioneers of China. Under the Flag of the Young Pioneers I promise that: I love the Communist Party of China, the motherland, and the people; I will study well and keep myself fit, and to prepare for: contributing my effort to the cause of communism."

Sounds exactly like the indoctrination you speak of with religions.

Sounds like the CPC learnt from the Jesuits, whose motto was:

"Give me the child until he is 7 & I will give you the man"

No difference there whatsoever.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-9 08:31:11 |Display all floors
nihao567 Post time: 2014-8-8 00:03
If it was all just a business, I wouldn't mind it so much. But it does some weird stuff to people's ...

My two older sisters thought so for the first 8 or 9 years.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.