Views: 22371|Replies: 62

Tells us really WHY [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-6 04:30:22 |Display all floors
There is already a thread for this subject. The question appears also in most of others concerning Taiwan issue.
I have not found a one reasonable answer to the question:
Why China MUST resort to war and attack Taiwan if the island proclaimed independence.
What makes chinese on the mainland think they HAVE TO react like a Pavlov's dog and the only reaction is to kill a part of their own nation?
Fot better understanding - I think Taiwanese are as much Chinese as Fujianese, Hunanese, Shaanxinese and all other XXXinese.
Their are part of China in the civilization, culture, common history meanings.
Please do not post here the excellent battle plans, or argument who is more clever, better and taller on this or another part of the straight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 15:14:42 |Display all floors

I think the answer is simple

If someone tries to split your country...you simply have to defend yourself. If there are a few "nuts" across the other side of the straight...they must be thrown away and let the island stay as it has to....in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 15:53:15 |Display all floors

so easy, can' t you find the answer in previous posts?

I try making a answer to you.
FIRST,taiwan is the integral part of china.the fact that it belong to china is acknowledged by the majority of countries in the world even including the america and japan.if the island proclaimed independence,that means our effort to solve the taiwan question fail.we have no choice but war for our dignity and sovereignty.
SECOND,we don' t want to see taiwan become america' s dog.that will harm us.if taiwan were independent ,america will build military base and set troops to taiwan.america will intimidate us by taiwan which is so adjacent to mainland and make taiwan become a not-sink aircraft carrier to besiege china.
THIRD,no matter who taiwanese is from fujian or guangdong,since they don' t acknowledge themselves as chinese,that is ok, give back our island,then you can go away.you may live in the seabed.hahahaha.
I also have some questions to ask you.can america allow the Hawaii' s independence?in fact,Hawaii and the whole america mailand belong to
the indians.the americans is just the invaders.so are the canadians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 17:33:55 |Display all floors

sacrifice is inevitable... through history we know this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-6 19:13:08 |Display all floors

Which part of " No War " can't you understand?

It is exasperating to hear the criticism of the PRC, claiming that she intends to invade Taiwan. The PRC has repeated the mandate ad nauseum that there is not going to be a war unless Taiwan declares independence! I can illustrate this by liking the case of a man who warns his neighbours not to come into his house to rob him, or else this man may shoot the neighbour. To emphasise that this man has threatened to shoot his neighbour and conveniently blank out the pre-condition is both disingenious and mischievous.
The PRC have and will continue to offer opportunities for dialogue. If Taiwan has a decent president, he would have come to the table to see what really is on the agenda and to deal with it accordingly. This will have to wait as long as Chen the clown is still on the throne.
Let me also restate that Taiwan's independence is a joke. Taiwan cannot be truly independent as she is destined to be dependent on Mainland China or Mainland USA. To romantisise that somehow Taiwan can survive as an entity without massive backing of theUSA is to fool one self.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-7 02:57:59 |Display all floors

to jvt1965

You say few nuts. It looks like 50%. It's quite a "few".
But the atack means huge losses in human and be sure bullets and grenades are politically blind in war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-7 03:44:31 |Display all floors

to Flashcom

I read your answer and pulled some response to the topic.
The reason which is good to commit a military attack = kill many chinese there is:
1.Mainland leaders DIGNITY. - difficult for me to comment this. But I try to understand. A husband kills wife after spararation if she goes for full divorce , because in his mind this would be a shame for him not to be able to keep his woman.
2. Souvereignty. Well , since never the war deciding side had suvereignty over the island. It was in the time long before this.
3. To avoid T become a US dog and plant rockets there. Good point. The T ,which is under current threat resorts to kiss US aas. Take away the threat and the situation changes. The question of rocket launchers can be easily solved through negotiations before withdrawal of mainland from threat. In similar way as things went in Cuba. T can be obliged by a multi party treaty to be a US controlled weapon free zone and this can be a condition sine qua non of its independance. This would be very well understood by the rest of the world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.