Author: Tobacohol

Has China Already Lost to the West?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-5 06:35:33 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-2 11:32
You appear to be the same ghost who sent this around... Looks like mass suicide and surrender is you ...
the West don’t want to have to do their own blue-collar labor, or even middle-class labor, so they want to keep the non-Westerners alive to do all this labor.  

Who is the 'west' in this scenario?

What I can speak on in the US....I live in the 'rust belt', my state has been hurt terribly by the loss of manufacturing jobs.  People WANT these jobs...this I can assure you.  Politicians want to be the heroes that gives them back their jobs - that is FACT.  The more manufacturing jobs, the more they will get votes.  So, its not the politicians that want to off-shore the blue-collar jobs.

Its individual corporations that do what every corporation does - find ways to increase their profits by paying less for the cost of goods.  This includes labor.   Now there is not a whole lot legally that the government can do about private enterprise, but the backlash of the manufacturing loss, has caused some measures to be put in place.  Companies are getting penalized tax-wise for sending jobs overseas.  

Manufacturing jobs are coming back.  That's a really good thing.  You wouldn't believe the impact on some small towns and cities.  There have not been the jobs created to replace the loss.  Once hard-working proud people are now living off the government, relatives or doing whatever to get by.  And the people who just up and moved to better opportunities...its left to the 'downsizing' of some smaller cities.  There is a town less than an hour from here where I have some relatives.  They have been 'downsizing' for the last 10 years.  Went down to 1 hospital this past year.  Amazing.  And tearing down abandoned buildings, factories... just crazy.  You would have to see it to believe it.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-5 07:37:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Motika at 2014-8-5 00:39
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-4 23:35

What I can speak on in the US....I live in the 'rust belt', ...

Yes you are right ! when you down grade a small town you are killing the country. A suiced in slow motion.
Actually greed in combinatiom with quarter profits is killing the West,
So no need for war.
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-8 05:31:47 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-8-5 06:35

What I can speak on in the US....I live in the 'rust belt', ...

China can learn a lot from the West People: how to survive and successfully play the dog-eat-dog game.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-9 07:02:07 |Display all floors
One currency for the world would iron out the machinations of the West would it not
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-10 05:48:26 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-8-9 07:02
One currency for the world would iron out the machinations of the West would it not

China can still turn things around by coming into possession of exceptionally deadly weapons that would easily out-power all of China's enemies.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-10 20:27:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-13 01:35:49 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-8-9 07:02

How about no currency, like in Star Trek: Next Generation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.