Should young people offer their seats to the elderly?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-7-24 11:20:03 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-7-23 19:07
Obviously not buses in China then, I have never seen one that empty

You're your usual, jovial self.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-24 11:25:20 |Display all floors
"Pls offer your seats to the young,the old,the weak and the disabled"
----These adjectives: young,old,weak and disabled,not mentioning somebody may not like the words,just talk about the accuracy of the words.
Old--how old will be old? 60? 70? (I won't give my seat to a  60 yeaer old man with good health,when I'm very tired.
Young---how old is young? 3? 8? 12? Frankly,I won't give my seat to an 8 year old whose body is quite tall and strong,especially when I'm very tired myself.
Weak----What is weak?
Disabled---This is the easist to tell among the 4. But I'm not sure whether the disabled people like this term.

Morality is not law,it can't be precise. It just requires people to do it deliberately,on free will.
I don't think the people who need help (or seats) have the right to push or give pressure to someone to demand a seat. That's not right,nor is it moral.

These are my opinions,what are yours?
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-24 13:56:49 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-24 11:20

No,it's the English sarcarsm.
elegant star jewelry www.e-starjewelry.com

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-24 17:18:49 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-24 11:20

Do you not mean my usual honest self?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-24 17:19:22 |Display all floors
forget-me-not Post time: 2014-7-24 13:56
No,it's the English sarcarsm.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-24 17:33:22 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-24 17:57:08 From mobile |Display all floors
firstly, laws can't control people's morality coz it's hard to distinguish the right and the wrong. In the article, we can see that the old lady thought she deserved the seat coz she's old enough, so she got the rights and reasonable reason to "force" the young girl to offer her the seat. I think the behavior "offering seats to the elderly" should be based on the people' s willingness. Like some commented that perhaps sometimes I m tired/some other personal reasons that he/she doesn't wanna offer the seat. It can be understood. I wanna say that the elderly only had the PRIORITY to sit, but not forced the girl lor!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.