Author: watermoon

Share the happiness and bitterness in learning English! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-7 20:02:55 |Display all floors

a long way to go

Indeed , a byword that we familiar with is never outdated :" A wilful man will have his way. " English is a language tool. If you want to conquer it.
You have no choice but to practise it every now and then.It is a accumulating process and have no short cut for you . With a gleam of  hope to pay less and get more , you are doomed to fail.

Sometimes you will find it so boring to learn English, especially at the begining. yes,although we have learn it for several years,we just find it hard to master it . However, the only  thing we need to do is our setting mind and unremitting efforts. Whether you will achieve the fixed goal or not always depends on your attitude . you know it , aren't you?

Whenever you are so tired and frustrated , you must persuade youself never to give up. If you continue, you are making one more step indeed ; but if you surrender , all that you pay will result in nothing.Girls and Boys, learing is always a challenge and endless experience , pay more on what you pursue ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 10:27:22 |Display all floors

English is only a kind of language used in the world.

In my opinion, English is firstly a kind of language not a subject we are forced to study. Just like we learn our mother language, there are colorful tongues in Chinese, such as the special dialects.
If we just reagard it as a language for communication, our English learning will be active not passive. Maybe we couldn't use it well in writing and speaking at first, but if we keep the perseverance, I believe it will be controled by us smoothly. Like one of the  friend above -mentioned that attitude is the key point in everything. Thus in the surroundings where English is spoken as the second language , we'd better seek any chance to pracitse. But bear in mind that we use it to communicate not only to pass the exams! Hope all of us could build a good forum here to practise more and help each other, thanks!
200406081027228522.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 14:38:57 |Display all floors

agree with you very much--language environment is very important

it is true that if you want to learn a language well, there must be a good language enviroment for you. it will help you to improve quickly and make great progress. as for me, when in the college, i dare not to speak english in public occasions, then my oral english is very poor, when i talked with the foreigner teachers i have to think about some words in my brain at first then form a sentence then speak it out, it is very difficult for me to communicate with others. after i graduated, i came to shenzhen, and work in a foreign trade company as a english assistant, becasue there are some foreigners in our office, then i have to communicate with them in english , i have to open my mouth with my poor oral english, after one month past, to my great surprised , i found that i can communicated with them more smoothly than before, when we have conversation, i don't feel nervous and upset just like i am talking with my chinese colleagues in chinese. But for the recent one or two months, they had drew back to HK office, then i have only few chances to speak english with them , only can chat or talk with them in english by msn . i feel that my oral english is getting worse and worse, i am really worry about it, i am trying my best to read english loudly in the morning, and grasp every minutes to learn english even to see some english words, but i can still feel my declination for english.
and another example for you, in our office , there is a japanese girl who is only 22 years old, she studied in America before and just graduated last year, at september last year she  came into our company and worked in our office, at the first three years, she can not speak any chinese , let alone listen or make some kiddlings, but now she can speak fluent chinese with us, sometimes, she even can make jokes with us in chinese, because in our office, so many people speak chinese all the day, and also every body is willing to teach her chinese, then i said if you want to learn a foreign language well, you need a good language enviroment.
but also another factor is neccessary that is you must pay more attention and make every efforts on studying and learning.
only if you have above two conditions, then you must learn a foreign language well!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 16:43:00 |Display all floors

something about study english

Well, it is a old topic on how to study English well, in fact.If   you have enough money and time,you might stay in a English-speaking nation for a period time,I Think you English will improve dracmatically.Do you have the money and time yet?
As most of the author said,we need the english eviroment for studying better.besides going  abroad,there are still many things you can do to study english well.What you need to do is just to read more ,listen more,and speak more,comuniticate more,etc.It is a good way  try to communicate with other people in english .Use the icq,or Msn,or bbs,just  try it!
We need to be crazy ,but i don't agree that we use all our time spending on english.As a  college student,there are many thing we need to learn besides english.It is just a tool to comunicate with foreigner.So how to improve the efficency of  studying english is one of the important subject we need to think hard and settle .Can somebody give some advise?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-9 13:31:20 |Display all floors

make it more funny!

Learning english is a game, not burden. I'll share my happiness with you!

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2004-6-9 13:35:19 |Display all floors

Is it necessary to forget your mother tongue?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2004-6-9 13:35:23 |Display all floors

Is it necessary to forget your mother tongue?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.