Author: abramicus

Sovereignty Is More Important Than Democracy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-20 23:26:55 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-20 22:13
Maybe you mean "men" have a good life: not sure all Malaysian women share that opinion.

I don't agree.

The men and women......especially if you are a Malay......both have good lives.

We call it, cradle to grave good life.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 00:40:01 |Display all floors
In times of war, calamity, or unrest, the sovereign will of the people can be expressed in alternative forms of government, such as during martial law.

Hm... funny thing about 'unrest', it never seems to abate over time, regardless of what laws are put into place.  As for the powers of Beijing, they are left in a hard position, given that what is done in Hong Kong will play into what will need to be done in Taiwan, Mongolia, and elsewhere.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 06:36:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-7-21 06:50
tradervic Post time: 2014-7-21 00:40
Hm... funny thing about 'unrest', it never seems to abate over time, regardless of what laws are p ...

"Unrest" can be fomented by any external power who merely has to fund any opposition to the national government.  Adding fuel to the fire, so to speak, is quite easy.  In fact, lighting a fire is also very easy to do.  

Quenching a fire, or several fires, can be very exhausting.

The best way to stop fires from being set in one's own backyard, China will find, is to light up fires in the backyards of its aggressors.  Sun Zi's model of warfare unfortunately does not include this aspect of self-defense.  Funding a Mandela Fund for the Emancipation of Native Peoples of Australia would put a damper on Bishop's commitment of Australia to Japan's aggression against China, now being litmused on Diaoyudao, but rest assured, Diaoyudao will prove to be Japan's costliest mistake, taking a backseat to Pearl Harbor and the rest.

Britain wisely returned Hong Kong to China, or all its investments and valuable connections (guanxi) would have vanished overnight as China pours its troops into the streets of Hong Kong to reclaim its rightful sovereignty.  And China wisely allowed Hong Kong to maintain its political structure, not as a sovereignty country, which it never was, even under the British who did not allow any popular vote to be held on the matter of its spurious "right to rule" or selection of Patten as its viceroy.  All these "democracy activists" were obedient pets of their British masters, until the British relinquished their official control, but continued to use them to cause "unrest".   

And oh yes, Hong Kong must remain inviolate even as it is being subverted, or else Taiwan would refuse to reunite with China.  Glad you mentioned this subtext.   In that case, China must deal with their financiers directly, by confiscating all British and Australian assets in China and Hong Kong, as racketeering with intent to commit the crime of Lese Majeste.  China needs to only establish the crimes of Lese Majeste.  Then, it needs to follow the money to find their foreign financiers.  Presto, the epidemic ends.  Now, all their lackeys can be free to roam, or better yet, find a meaningful and useful job, as long as their bosses are in the slammer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 08:16:28 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-7-20 09:54
There is no country with democracy.

It is just a word they choose to make the sheep feel good.

Actually, when first westerners talk with Chinese they will talk about democracy and then, after we become friends then a lot of topic will focus on the crazy and absurd so-called 'democrazy . so I can see it is ture that there are no perfect politcs in the world up to now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 09:11:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 11:20:05 |Display all floors
zglobal Post time: 2014-7-21 09:11
That is right. All I can say is that democracy is the less of two evils. People tend to not just d ...

Don't want government , simple.......go live as hill tribes.

Laozi have had enough of government.

When people fears government, it is because of tyranny.

When government fear people, it is because of democracy.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 11:21:08 |Display all floors
Pity Laozi never invented democracy.

Instead Laozi choose to live in the hills.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.