Views: 1949|Replies: 10

What is the Chinese View on Suicide When You Become Terminally Ill? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-16 12:33:22 |Display all floors
Let's say you get incurable cancer, like metastatic prostate cancer.  Do Chinese people choose to die a slow and painful death being a burden on their family and society, or do they choose to get assisted suicide?

In White culture, they have a very strong belief that when you become terminally ill, you should strive to become the greatest burden as possible to your family and society, and you should try to live as long as possible in an unproductive, excruciatingly painful, and vegetative state.  One must never get assisted suicide in White culture, it is to be considered the severest form of illegal crime and morally reprehensible.  In White culture, physical and emotional pain is considered a good thing, as well as being a financial burden.

I am worried that once I get a bad medical condition, I will not have any means to get assisted suicide, and I dread having to do things in a messy way, such as jump off a building, go skydiving without a parachute, cut my wrist, overdoes on acetaminophen, or shoot myself in my head.  Plus, my father just got metastatic prostate cancer, so I may have to help him commit suicide: he is in pain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 12:40:16 |Display all floors
Part of this pathological White cultural aspect may also be due to the influence of the medical industry: they make most of their profits on people living the last few years of their lives: they can't have people get assisted suicide: it would drastically cut their profits.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 16:05:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ColoredAmerican at 2014-7-16 16:05

If your parents were in pain and asked you to help suicide them, would you help?  White people would not help: they would instead call the police to arrest their dying parents and put them in jail for the crime of soliciting someone for help in suicide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-16 21:19:02 |Display all floors
ColoredAmerican Post time: 2014-7-16 16:05
If your parents were in pain and asked you to help suicide them, would you help?  White people would ...

I would help them die, indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-17 01:08:24 |Display all floors
It will never be legalized in the West: if the Caucasians are not smart enough to end the "war on drugs," stop third-world immigration, execute violent criminals/true rapists/armed thieves/business fraudsters, and break up business monopolies, then they will not be smart enough to support assisted suicide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-17 01:08:42 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-17 02:24:53 |Display all floors
ColoredAmerican Post time: 2014-7-16 16:05
If your parents were in pain and asked you to help suicide them, would you help?  White people would ...

I won't... It's unfilial...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.