Views: 54203|Replies: 117

Is it wrong not to have a child all one life?     [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-7-15 17:45:15 |Display all floors
I was quite surprised to know that a female friend of mine has decided not to have a child. I didn't realize that she was dead serious until her husband said the same thing. I thought to myself that she was fortunate enough to have found such a supporting husband. His attitude is like: As long as she's happy, he's happy.

We're all saying that she will regret it one day, buy she says hell no, and explains that she doesn't like children at all and she's only got one life to live. She doesn't want children to occupy the rest of her life. They may as well enjoy life with double income.

Then I searched the news about this, surprisingly, I learned that more and more people are choosing to have this Dink lifestyle. The number of Dink couples is rising, esp in major cities.

Though it's a personal choice to go Dink or not, it's never as simple as that in China. It goes against with Chinese traditional belief. There's a Chinese saying who says "The more children you have, the more blessings you'll get." The most miserable thing for most elder Chinese is to die without descendants.

I'm very concerned how she can make peace with her parents-in-law.
Is it wrong not to have a child all one's life? Would you give it a go if your son or daughter wanted a Dink family?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 17:46:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 17:47:34 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 17:54:19 |Display all floors
To have or not to have children is a decision that concerns the couple; what's the point in having children if they don't like them and later they're going to be mis-educated or raised?

P.S.: We've had three kids and love them but I understand those who rpefer not to have them.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-15 17:59:38 |Display all floors
Some people hate children, or in our case if we have a child we would be dead when the child in in their 20s and that would be unfair on us and the child

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 18:03:52 |Display all floors
She is right the world aint bright to have children take over the mess
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 18:46:50 |Display all floors
Science has revealed how amazing our existence is. Think about your family tree. Billiions of years in the making. In your branch of the tree, in all that time, of all the various shapes your ancestors came in.  None of them ever failed to reproduce. Think of how they struggled in nature to make a living and provide for their offspring. You are here because they succeeded in their hardship. But you who enjoy the comfortable life modern society voluntarily choose extinction
I don't condemn it though. Your are free to live your life the way you want. There will always be enough breeders out there to keep the tree growing, even if your branch is rotting in ground.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.