Author: cestmoi

Thousands of American Girls Forced to Undergo Genital Cutting   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-22 10:04:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cruising at 2014-7-22 10:05
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 09:52
I can handle personal attacks.

I don't like the stereotype that also attacks like everyone one I  ...

i agree it's good to speak up....the news are distorted. but you have to travel to see this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 10:14:21 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-22 10:04
i agree it's good to speak up....the news are distorted. but you have to travel to see this.

It really has been cool to watch.  The last 20 years has brought so much diversity...  The cool thing that is happening is people are unable to tell 'what' a person is always.  And when you can't easily categorize someone as asian, mexican, black, white - whatever - than you can't pull up any stereotypes about them...and then you realize...why do this at all?  to anyone?  You start to realize that those stereotypes really have no meaning anyways.   There is no need to jump to some image in your head to determine if you can trust them or not.

Its hard to explain.  But I'm hoping it keeps trending that way. :)

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 15:51:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cruising at 2014-7-22 15:58
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 10:14
It really has been cool to watch.  The last 20 years has brought so much diversity...  The cool th ...

i understand now. i've actually seen a lot of anti-american sentiment among europeans. you hate it because you think it's annoying and unfair. you're not the first, i've seen other americans complain about it. it's the same how chinese people are upset about the china bashing. it's unfair and it's not even true.

i have a friend who emigrated to canada, and i asked her why she did not choose the usa. and she said that people are internationally more friendly to a canadian passport. interesting, isn't it.

yeah, stereotypes suck. but asian or white or black, you can always tell, can't you? even among caucasians, you can sometimes tell which country they're originally from, can't you? for example, the northern europeans look different from the southern europeans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 23:35:57 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-22 15:51
i understand now. i've actually seen a lot of anti-american sentiment among europeans. you hate it  ...
but asian or white or black, you can always tell, can't you?

Well not when they are all rolled up into one!

I have friends that are all three.  That is what I'm referring to.  With all the mixing going on, makes it impossible.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-23 07:12:13 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-22 23:35
Well not when they are all rolled up into one!

I have friends that are all three.  That is what ...

thats what you mean. but i like pure breeds despite the stereotypes. but your town could be different. just not the whole world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-23 08:07:34 |Display all floors
cruising Post time: 2014-7-23 07:12
thats what you mean. but i like pure breeds despite the stereotypes. but your town could be differ ...

Its not just my town, but more the norm across the country in the US.  People are mixing.  They have been since the start.  African-americans who have ancestors traced brought here through slavery all have Caucasian DNA and sometimes also native americans.

My second husband is chippewa but had one irish grandmother.  Those genes gave him almost golden colored eyes.  The rest of his facial features were indian.  But his eyes and even hair color was the result of the mixing.  Which pretty much all native americans are also mixed somewhere down the line.  I'm currently dating a person from the ojibwa tribe, he is more 'pure' blood and looks it, but he will even acknowledge some mixing on his mother's side.  He has a brother with wavy hair.

I have a daughter that is mixed with black.  People think she looks korean or an asian mix.  Strange.

The spanish mixed with the native in central america pretty much creating a new race 'hispanic'.  In some areas the combination of spanish, indian and african is prevalent.

There was this show that offered dna testing of a large group of people.  They would ask them what they thought their ancestry was and percentage of any mixing.  Invariably, there would always be surprises.  Some were happy about it, some not.

And now there are just more varieties of people here so the mixing continues producing some really beautiful people IMO.   And my hope is they will teach us not to hold racial prejudices.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.