Views: 12342|Replies: 96

Thousands of American Girls Forced to Undergo Genital Cutting   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-13 04:09:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2014-7-13 04:12

Forced genital cutting is on the rise in USofA, mainly within the African immigrant communities. The US Census Bureau reported that African immigrants quadrupled to 1.7 million in the past two decades. Some brought along with them the abhorrent practice of chopping off their daughters' genitals. According to old census data, some 228,000 girls in the USofA had their genitals chopped off or are at risk of having their genitals chopped off.

These children reached out for help through the Internet.

Under false pretenses, these girls are offered a vacation "home" to help them connect with their families and find their root. The highest rates of genital cuttings are in Somalia (98 percent of women are cut), Guinea (96 percent), Djibouti (93 percent), Eritrea (89 percent) and Mali (89 percent). Kenya is also on the list.

The opponents call it "vacation cutting", I call it child abuse and the girls should be taken from these "parents".

This is not culture, this is a barbaric practice hiding hiding culture. These people should not be bringing such practices into any American countries, not into Australia or Hong Kong either.

US federal law has explicitly banned genital cutting since 1996 and you most certainly cannot transport an underage girl to one of those African countries to have her genital chopped off.

Most unfortunately, African immigrant families rarely speak out against it and do not know whom to turn to in a foreign (in this case USAnian) culture, and even more unfortunate, this barbaric practice is sometimes carried out in New York.

"At the center of this new network is Jaha Dukureh, 24, a Gambian immigrant who was cut twice, once as an infant in Gambia and again at age 15 in New York. A former Wells Fargo banker and a mother of three, she lives here in Atlanta. In February, she filed an online petition, urging President Obama to conduct a study of the issue.

In the UK, genital cutting is also on the rise. UK law enforcement agencies conducted an exercise at Heathrow to catch families sending their girls back to Africa for genital cutting

This is how they do it:
"Sometimes, a community member cuts just a portion of the clitoris. In the most extensive cases, the clitoris may be removed, the labia are sliced and brought together and a seal is created, leaving a small hole for urination and menstruation.

This is what one of the victim said:
"I had my female cut from me, my sensations stolen and discarded replaced with numbness and pain. My say in the matter? Negligible and disregarded."

Maybe Cestmoi can introduce to these parents lobotomy with a cricket bat.

Soruces :
NYTimes
US Census Bureau
UN

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-7-13 06:06:05 |Display all floors
Yes it happens in UK
No doubt nearly every country
I heard on the radio there have been no prosecutions in the UK for this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-13 08:30:21 |Display all floors
Barbarity.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-14 19:28:41 |Display all floors
Jew York Slimes

Can you really believe the Jew York Slimes ?
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-14 19:34:51 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2014-7-14 19:28
Jew York Slimes

Can you really believe the Jew York Slimes ?

More than we can believe you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-14 19:46:04 |Display all floors
it happens more in African places

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-15 03:41:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-14 22:55
It probably happens even in Guangzhou and Yiwu.

Not amongst Chinese though...
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.