Author: btfx

Foreign wives and their Chinese husbands   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-11 16:37:21 |Display all floors
7. Li Danni

In 1953, Yuan Dibao tied the knot with Huang Xiuxue. A month later, he left home to study at a medical school in Zhejiang. At school, he fell in love with his Russian language teacher Li Danni whose father is a Chinese while mother a French. However, Yuan told Li that he was married and said he could not abandon his wife. Later, Yuan continued his studies at West China University of Medicine in Chengdu and since then, they had not met each other. In 1956, Li returned to France. They exchanged letters at first but since the Cultural Revolution began in the 1960s, Yuan's letters to Li were all returned. Li also stopped writing letters to Yuan, because she knew that her letters might land Yuan into trouble.

Li had remained single while Yuan's wife passed away in 1994. In 2010, after knowing their story, Yuan's children persuaded him to contact Li. Yuan wrote to Li although he had no idea if she was still alive. Later, Yuan received a three-page letter from Li and a photo of her. He cried. Yuan invited Li to live with him in China, and in September, Li came to China, being greeted by Yuan's children. They registered their marriage and held a grand ceremony on Sept 26.

"When I was in Lyon, a lot of men were interested in me but I rejected them all. In my life, there was only one man and he is always in my heart," said Li.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 16:40:44 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 16:41:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 16:41:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 17:08:03 |Display all floors
8. Wei Li--Romania

Wei Li, a Romanian woman married a guy from Shanghai in 2001. After coming to Shanghai, her mother-in-law asked her to learn Shanghai dialect and to cook Shanghai cuisine. Her mother-in-law said that living in Shanghai, if Wei Li didn't speak Shanghai dialect, she was just a beautiful doll. Now, Wei Li speaks Shanghai dialect with a strong local accent frequently and cooks Shanghai cuisine well, and at the same time, she also hosts some TV programs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 17:08:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 17:08:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.