Author: Rearwindow

Is forced donation moral? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-6 22:18:16 |Display all floors
Add the sophisticated testing equipment used, diagnostics, medicines, machines, education, R & D, etc.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-6 22:29:45 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-6 01:20
He's never heard of a hospital?

Have you never heard how much a hospital visit costs in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-6 22:54:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-6 09:02
Yes, there are many good hospitals in China.
People in the west are starting to go to China for ma ...
People in the west are starting to go to China for major surgery since it is so outrageously expensive in the U.S.

Can you provide links to back up your silly statement?

Thank you

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 12:47:42 |Display all floors

Man kneels to millionaire to borrow life-saving money, morality hijack?

On June 30th, 2014, a man, together with 14 other people, kneels outside the New Hope building, holding a sign which reads" I am Mo Xiangsong, a university student with leukemia. I beg you to lend me one million life-saving money, and I will pay you back by working for you for my whole life." The person he begs is chairman of New Hope.

Some people offer their sympathy to Mo, but at the same time, some netizens question his behaviour, thinking that he was hijacking morality, or using social opinions and moral ethics to force others to do something they would normally refuse.

Facing such a view, Mo says that it is because people don't know much about his family. Mo was adopted as a baby following his mother's suicide when he was just a few months old and his father was treated for severe mental issues when he was about one. His adoptive parents cannot afford further treatment after spending more than 100,000 yuan.

What do you think of Mo's behaviour? Is it a morality hijack? If you were the chairman of New Hope, would you lend money to him?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 12:48:08 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 12:48:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 13:16:59 |Display all floors
if im a millioanire...why not?
he is not stealing, he is not cheating, he is not lazy...

as long as he work hard; a man hav lowered his ego and pride to ask for help~ he got courage~
i definitely will help~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.