Author: JFenix

How far should one go to respect cultural norms when traveling?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-10 13:41:01 |Display all floors
Lots of people are STILL racist in the West but nowadays its covert because its illegal.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-10 13:41:21 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-10 11:21
lol

It's not funny. This ipad has caused me no end of grief, changing the spelling or the word compleatly. I have to explain my bad spelling or bad choice of words to University Lecturers. Very embarrassing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 15:19:27 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-10 11:36
I agree that one shouldn't go there to start with.

But saying its okay to go there and face discr ...

cover up only, not eat human flesh.

why you so ba to.

you want to be big tree but big trees always get chop down.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 15:21:05 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-7-10 13:41
Lots of people are STILL racist in the West but nowadays its covert because its illegal.

racist, racism is every where....24 / 7.

Has been there since men lived in caves and fight men from other caves.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 16:56:51 |Display all floors
Yes , racist is in everyone's heart. and about local culture it depends how you think of it .for an instance if you want to eat by forks and spoon rather than chopsticks than just do it ,but if you want to eat some beef in india, so you just eat it outside of their eyesight. respect means do not hurt other and do not let you be below them~~.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 18:44:54 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-7-10 12:06
I wouldn't, that's why I wouldn't go there. For the mosque we didn't know the rule, we learnt abou ...

A woman can go topless anywhere in the state of ohio.  Not just the beach.  Its a state per state law.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-10 18:48:47 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-7-10 15:19
cover up only, not eat human flesh.

Personally, I would never visit a muslim country because of this policy.

I would not subject myself to that kind of humiliation.  Its just degrading - which I think is the whole point of the dress code.  Let's make women feel ashamed of being women.....

Sometimes I see female reporters on the news in some muslim countries and they put on a head covering.  Makes me ashamed to be an american to see them sink so low.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.