Author: ztoa789

A question to seneca   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-11 07:18:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-10 21:39
I don't know what you mean. Have you never watched TV coverage of protests in Paris, Amsterdam,  ...

You call that coverages?

Give some reports that sensitionalized how protesters were badly treated like they reported the protests in China, give some reports that focused on why the protesters were so angry at Wall St?

Freedom and democracy? what a joke! No politicians and no activists even dared to sit with protesters, for god sake.

How is it possible that under a democratic system, no politicians and no activists even dared to lead the protests after big financial institutes brought the misery to so many people? Can you tell what they were afraid of?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:18:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-10 21:15
Ztoa,

I think you are contradicting yourself:

Are you telling me that western democracy is universal crap? as  you obviously implied that  vast majority of American people and westerners were clueless  when they were angry at banks after 2008 financial crisis.

"A government always "is a bitch", if not yours then your neighbour's. ". Wow, sounds 100% right?  but who are the judges here to say if government is people's or not?

Not media for certain. Because government is media's enemy, as it is either government or media to control public information and public topic.

Therefore once media had the power to controls public opinions since TV became populer, media immediately started to brainwash public to believe that government could do no good with power, government should be treated like a bitch. For god sake, they treat rapists and serial killers ten times better than they treat government.

and they ask why government can't make long term plans? How can a country allow these kind of people to control public opinions, they don't even have basic sense of logic!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:19:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2014-7-11 07:20
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-7-10 21:11
A small little request.......an open and transparent government.

The ability to sue the govern ...

I never claim Chinese government has transparency. Now If you ask why I talk about the transparency in West, here is why:

Suppose you  have a car with some issues, like airbags, etc. A journalist  points them out to me, again and again and again.  Then he tries to sell his car to you, without telling you that his car has serious engine problem.

Did he lie to you?

You want transparency? do Americans know whose money was cut in 1 trillion dollar cut? do Americans know why Oakland bay bridge cost 5 times more than planned? do Americans know why it has taken so long to rebuild ground zero? do French people know who bribed Sarkozy? do Taiwanse people know who bribed A Bian? do UK people know why Tony Blair joined US in Iraq even British people overwhelmingly dislike it?

No, they know none of these. and my point is that the minds of people in "free" world are controlled by "free" media, they believe "free" media tells them ALL they have to know.   

You think that there is no transparency for public under current Chinese system. and you try to convince Chinese people to switch to another system which has no transparency for public either?

If you like to talk about the transparency of government, That is fine with me, but this is not what this thread is about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:24:23 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2014-7-11 07:17
Well, that is because westerners are such good boys and girls that they almost always follow the i ...

Um....yeah.....the majority of americans do not trust the media.

I supported occupy wall street.  They failed because of lack of leadership.  Pity.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:25:55 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-7-11 07:24
Um....yeah.....the majority of americans do not trust the media.

I supported occupy wall street.  ...

Well, Americans only care what media puts on their dinner table.

Outside US, Americans know nothing other than what they are told.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:28:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2014-7-11 07:28
seneca Post time: 2014-7-10 21:15
By stating the above you are implying that you have an exclusive knowledge about things that the "0.01%" want to keep secret from the rest;

Are you telling me that western democracy is universal crap? as  you obviously implied that  vast majority of American people and westerners were clueless  when they were angry at banks after 2008 financial crisis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-11 07:34:28 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2014-7-11 07:28
Are you telling me that western democracy is universal crap? as  you obviously implied that  vast m ...

I don't play the east vs. west game.

Could care less.

People are more alike than different when you get down to it.

The problem with democracy is that it requires people to be informed and involved.  Most people are too busy raising their families and living their lives to research every issue.  They forget that power is with the people or just to apathetic.

But that is the same everywhere I suppose.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.