Views: 32231|Replies: 113

Global poll: US of America is the greatest threat to world peace   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-8 22:26:46 |Display all floors

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/united-states-greatest-threat-world-peace-2013-poll-1430936

Global poll: US of America is the greatest threat to world peace   

By Jack Moore
January 3, 2014 13:26 BST

The United States has been voted the biggest threat to world peace in a Gallup poll conducted across 68 countries.

The poll questioned 66,000 people and 24% of them put the US as the "greatest threat to peace in the world today".

Anti-American sentiment emanated mainly from Middle Eastern and North African nations which have experienced US intervention but anti-American feeling also came from allies such as Greece and Turkey.

Even 13% of the American public believed that it was the country most likely to unsettle the global balance of power.

Behind the United States was Pakistan regarded by 8% of those surveyed as the biggest threat, followed by China (6%), and Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea in joint fourth place all with 5% each.

Latin America's results produced a mixed reaction with Peru, Brazil and Argentina all ranking the US as the most threatening country.

Israel ranked high in the results after it made a series of threats to Iran over their nuclear programme in 2013. Morocco, Lebanon and Iraq all chose Israel as their number one threat.

Survey participants were also asked: "If there were no barriers to living in any country of the world, which country would you like to live in?" Despite being voted the biggest threat to world peace, the United States came out top with 9%, ahead of Canada and Australia at 7%.

Single choice vote, There are a total of people participating in the poll
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-8 23:50:07 |Display all floors

what countries / territories is China planning to take?

Malaysia? How about China take Malaysia for Zheng He?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 05:30:45 |Display all floors
This year I'd say the title should go to Russia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 07:51:14 |Display all floors
How about a list of the Countries that were polled and their answers?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 09:51:07 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-7-8 23:50
what countries / territories is China planning to take?

Take malaysia for Zheng He, seriously ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 09:52:16 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2014-7-9 05:30
This year I'd say the title should go to Russia.

I means Russia is a tough country and aggressive country. but still it do not want to master the world ,not now.`

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-9 09:54:37 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-7-9 07:51
How about a list of the Countries that were polled and their answers?

That will be more fun.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.