Author: btfx

IKEA stores are treated as a home from home   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-8 14:09:20 |Display all floors
And very overpriced.. (in China) compared with other furniture outlets of equal or better quality..

Mostly in the Dalian Ikea, you just see groups going for photo shoots in 'european' style mockup rooms. I haven't actually seem anyone sleeping on one of the beds (though given the marathon winding walk from entrance to exit, it's no wonder that the chairs are usually all occupied)

Free refills of coffee (and fairly decent coffee at that) is one of the few attractions..
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-8 14:13:39 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-7-8 14:09
And very overpriced.. (in China) compared with other furniture outlets of equal or better quality..

I have seen the same photo shoots the Ikeas in GZ and Shenzhen.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-8 14:31:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-7 14:42
The Guangzhou IKEA does attract lots of customers, though. I seldom see such rude behaviour; one rea ...

This say it all about there food " Until 1970 you could only buy garlic products as powder at the pharmacy as well as Paprika powder
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-7-8 14:43:57 |Display all floors
btfx Post time: 2014-7-7 20:51

Yer butt would be kicked off if that was in the West

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-8 21:22:57 |Display all floors
Ingvar Kamprad, Elmtaryd, and Agunnaryd aka IKEA their early days history is very interestin  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-8 21:50:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-8 08:46
Yes, something brownish. The founder of IKEA is a former Nazi sympathiser.

and my swedish meatballz recipe much better than at ikea (that's for real)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-8 23:14:26 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-7-7 21:56
IKEA said, its China business grew at a "double-digit" pace, faster than the domestic market overa ...

I don't know if Ikea's biz is booming in China or not and I don't really care but "IKEA said, its China business grew at a "double-digit" pace, faster than the domestic market overall or in other countries.
In fiscal 2012, IKEA China's revenue reached 6 billion yuan ($970 million) at its new and existing stores, up 23 percent year-on-year. Revenue was up 15 percent in terms of comparable stores." is just technobabble to impress investors and does not mean anything without a proper comparison with other markets.

I also believe futsanglung was talking about the revenue per customer and not the total revenue. One can totally make a lot of money but only get very few per each customer. In this case one would want to think about the situation and try and figure out how to maximise its profit from each individual customer.

This to say that not all comments are attacks against China
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.