Views: 12604|Replies: 108

what say you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-4 12:04:19 |Display all floors

According to the South China Morning Post, the commercial affairs bureau of Turfan city said on its website that "civil servants and students cannot take part in fasting and other religious activities".

The state-run Bozhou Radio and TV University warned the ban would also be enforced "on party members, teachers, and young people from taking part in Ramadan activities.

"We remind everyone that they are not permitted to observe a Ramadan fast," it added.

Xinjiang, also as known as East Turkestan, is an autonomous region in North-Western China, which is inhabited by the Uyghur, a Muslim minority who demand total independence from Beijing. There are about 10.2 million Uyghurs in Xinjiang, according to a China's 2000 census ( the latest available).

China taking these kind of coercive measures, restricting the faith of Uyghur, will create more conflict," said Mr Rexiti. "We call on China to ensure religious freedom for Uyghur and stop political repression of Ramadan."

Uyghur have often been subjected to religious discrimination by the Chinese government.

China accuses Uyghur militants of waging a violent campaign for an independent state; however, Beijing is often accused of exaggerating Uyghur's extremism to justify its religious crackdown on the Muslim minority.

Violent clashes between Uyghurs and Chinese people often occur. In July 2009 violent conflicts between the Han Chinese and the Uyghur erupted, killing nearly 200 people in Xinjiang's capital Urumqi.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:19:46 |Display all floors

It seems nobody speaks up against China because China has a lot of money.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:40:57 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-7-4 15:19
It seems nobody speaks up against China because China has a lot of money.

I expect continued denial.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:42:37 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-4 15:40
I expect continued denial.

They deleted the earlier thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:43:55 |Display all floors

But I think it is a very important issue.

This is one of those things are creates a lot of bombs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:46:31 |Display all floors

From feed back, I think this is the work of lower level officials in Xinjiang.

And they don't know what they are doing................those arrogant atheist officials.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 15:47:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2014-7-4 15:52

As for the officials affected,
Lenten is either way always about more than just food and abstaining from some material stuff,
it's about spiritual clarity.
Something the work for their employer and the inevitably resulting lies, deceipts, frauds and abuses is not compatible with either way.
So when the food aspect is all that remains, they may as well not do any lenten anyway, isn't it that way.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.