Author: KIyer

Too bad Australia going the American way: Joseph Stiglitz [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-4 16:23:28 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2014-7-4 16:00
Should go communist and become 3rd world, with wealth and good services only available for the polit ...

Are you by any chance suggesting that the capitalist oligarchy, kleptocracy.... is preferable?

Look around you..... how many people can understand the workings of the economy or the small print in their insurance policy? Obfuscation by design is the norm, and it all points to a conspiracy to deceive.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-4 21:05:11 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-7-3 07:36

Free university degrees stopped in the 80s, you never knew this did you?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-7-5 08:14:01 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2014-7-4 17:42
In a global economy no country can afford to educate its young, as they then become attractive to th ...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-7-5 08:38:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-7-6 15:16
dusty1 Post time: 2014-7-4 23:05
Free university degrees stopped in the 80s, you never knew this did you?

Of course, I knew free degrees were out. Good for that. I think students should pay for education - and that most do not value what comes free, even if it is inherently valuable. However, I am against gouging students and parents to the point that a university degree costs as much as a small house or flat and getting them in debt for life. Ultimately, Australia will lose if it prevents the bright minds from ALL sections of society from having an affordable education. This actually provides an opportunity for Asia - China, India, Singapore and parts of Europe etc to plan and provide affordable quality education in English at university level. This could be a wave like the cheap, affordable products made in Asia and flooding the market in the west. If done right, there could be a massive wave of Asian/Europe educated Aussies. The USA and UK will attract them with great opportunities once they graduate....
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 08:46:52 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-7-4 15:41
Australian / American model of for profits education................people not happy.

Poor Chinese Malaysians like me are not happy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 10:00:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-5 11:06:21 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-7-5 08:14

The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.