Author: dostoevskydr

Nations With Most Slaves [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-2 09:22:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-2 09:16
They aren't. What are you taking?

We are talking about India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and you are the one mentioning communism. So, what are you taking ?

Also, my comment was sarcasm...
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-7-2 09:30:26 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-7-1 17:22
We are talking about India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and you are the one mentioning communism. So,  ...

I don't care about India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
They just happened to be in the same thread in an attempt to make mention of slaves in China.
One of many China bashing tactics used here.
Don't tell me you really believe there are slaves in China.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-2 09:40:13 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-2 09:30
They just happened to be in the same thread in ...

"They just happened to be in the same thread in an attempt to make mention of slaves in China.
One of many China bashing tactics used here."

Hilarious !

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-2 09:40:58 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-7-2 09:30
They just happened to be in the same thread in ...

There are slaves in pretty much every country in the world. I have read, in the Chinese press, reports of people who were kept as slaves in coal mines in shanxi region but I have also read, in the French press, of reports of people who were kept as house slaves in Paris and in the US press of people being kept as slaves in Texas to work the fields.

Now I don't know the extent of this slavery, I do not know if there are 30 slaves or 3 millions slaves but I do know slavery exist, in China and in other countries.

As for me I am talking about slavery in the world, not only in China, not about the superiority of communism over capitalism or vice versa.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-2 10:21:26 |Display all floors
So are Communist slaves better off than Capitalist slaves?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-3 07:26:31 |Display all floors
Slavery regardless of how it's cloaked will never cease to exist as long as the wealthy are passing laws that allow for low wage workers to flood the market. The lower the wage, the greater the profit. When and if the USA gives amnesty to 20 million undocumented workers, they will enter the workforce and lower the per capita income. Outsourcing jobs the lowest bidder has shipped jobs overseas for the past 3 decades while killing the middle class and increasing the income disparities between the rich and the poor.
Profits are up, and payrolls are down... Great job done by companies that open offshore accounts looking to not pay taxes on their earnings.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.