Author: sunnylin01

Misbehaving foreigner, how should we react?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-6-30 03:53:30 |Display all floors
sube Post time: 2014-6-28 21:27
f you cannot talk mandarin properly with ordinary people, it is really hard to survive on this count ...

You are right. When I'm in China and I want to find someone who understands English I always look for
someone in their late teens or 20s. Being civil always helps too.
This guy goes away shouting "Who do they think I am?" I guess he thinks he's special.
Personally I don't see how the Chinese put up with these types as well as they do.
If he acted this way to a guard in the U.S. chances are he'd be down on the ground in a headlock
before he could question their knowledge of what they were guarding.
BTW, my wife says he sounds like he's trying to speak Cantonese.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-6-30 04:00:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2014-6-29 12:02

In the U.S. we have a saying for people like this Aussie. "He thinks his sh*t doesn't stink".
""Who do they think I am?"" I think they know exactly who he is.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 06:56:49 |Display all floors
Who do they think I am?""

Perhaps he is misunderstood with this statement.
As in "Do they think I'm a terrorists or something"?
Clearly others were being allowed through without being challenged, which is a bit annoying.
Is it discrimination - or over zealousness on the guards part?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 07:20:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-6-30 03:23
longzhou Post time: 2014-6-29 03:53
The foreigner is not the smartest match in the box either, is he? He could've called the person or p ...

And this isn't the sharpest observation ever.......perhaps impossible to call because (a) he did not have a cell phone (2) he had a good night out aand omitted to charge phone (3) the meeting was finalised, he knew he'd be there and just took it as fait accompli and it would have been but for over zealous guard!
World of probabilities....this is why (a) the guard ought to have asked him to call ...assuming the guy was too dumb to come up with that first! Either way, a clip is not a judge of anything
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 07:22:21 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2014-6-30 07:20
And this isn't the sharpest observation ever.......perhaps impossible call because (a) he did not  ...

Could've told the guard who he was going to meet! Don't need a cellphone for that. I survive daily in Shanghai without a cellphone!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 07:25:55 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-6-30 03:22
Could've told the guard who he was going to meet! Don't need a cellphone for that. I survive daily ...

perhaps he did? It is hasty to preempt anything. I have met some petty officials in my time and once they are dug in, hard to reason.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 07:28:06 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-6-30 00:00
In the U.S. we have a saying for people like this Aussie. "He thinks his sh*t doesn't stink".
""Who  ...

Thank you Professor Calculus......it is nice to see how you have deduced everything from nothing...You will make a good reactionary judge, forget the facts

JUDGE JUDY

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.