Author: sunnylin01

Misbehaving foreigner, how should we react?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-29 18:36:54 |Display all floors
cloudd Post time: 2014-6-29 18:28
I couldnt agree more to Longzhou

messi why bother to boiled over security issues where he is per ...

Thank you. That was actually the mean of my post: why blame the security guard for doing his job? If that person wants to gain access to the campus I suppose there are many ways to do so and no one passes thru cursing and insulting a guard that is doing what he is supposed to do!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-29 18:37:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cloudd at 2014-6-29 18:38
Kbay Post time: 2014-6-29 18:32
Hello pretty gweilo boy!

Your easy rides in Tsinghua University may be explained by your nice fir ...

never know if that also called pansexuality at work

lol!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-6-29 21:23:11 |Display all floors
cloudd Post time: 2014-6-29 18:33
dusty1,
We are not performing magic word,

Your a guard at Beijing University?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-6-29 21:34:44 |Display all floors
Simply a sign at the gate could solve everything. No need to talk even.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-29 23:47:21 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-6-29 18:36
Thank you. That was actually the mean of my post: why blame the security guard for doing his job?  ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-29 23:48:34 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-6-29 10:36
Can we prove he is a foreigner, he could be a Chinese citizen

Australian

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-30 03:40:16 |Display all floors
Ok
lets put the situation in a better view
The guy didn't behave well, that´s a fact but not as big deal or big fuss as to be a viral video on the net.

There are still an anti foreign sentiment in some people, not in the security guard but in the people who make the video to be  ¨viral¨.

Now, what i see in the video when the guard denied the access to pass to the foreigner is there are a lot of people going in and out , young ones and elders. If this foreigner were Chinese, the guard didn´t stop him, while other Chinese passing by without any control or detention , this man was easyly spotted because he´s not Chinese.

There are a lot of places with same silly guards who stop people just for the looks or appearence and they don´t do a profesional job. If they want to stop people, the university should install a secure gate where everybody can be checked it at the moment to get in there.

In many ocassions people (and it happened to me too) try to find shortcuts for the way back home or going somewhere and cross this kind of urban complex to reach their desire point more quickly.

This its not a big deal  and is funny to read that many Chinese critisize the foreign guy for his lack of education or lack of manners, it´s this a joke?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.