Author: Rearwindow

Interesting differences between China and your mother country [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-16 16:09:40 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-6-16 13:02
no i did not quote word for word from wiki with regards to ravens as pests,
it was from another so ...

Odd that the wording was EXACTLY the same, maybe you will reveal your source so we can all see it for ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-16 16:10:29 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-6-16 13:02
Rats are wild animals ???

Are you crazy ?

Yes they are, wild, the opposite to tame or domesticated, they live in the wild, they are wild animals, fact

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-16 16:14:50 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-16 16:08
My info on urban foxes actually come from experiance of seeing then often enough, this time wiki w ...

Can you show from wiki source there are urban foxes,
i don't think wiki says that.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-16 16:15:35 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-16 16:09
Odd that the wording was EXACTLY the same, maybe you will reveal your source so we can all see it  ...

which are the exact wording
please show proof

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-16 16:17:08 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-16 16:10
Yes they are, wild, the opposite to tame or domesticated, they live in the wild, they are wild ani ...

well at least some ravens have been tame enough to be reared as pets
and those that kept in london tower certainly aren't wild

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-16 16:22:18 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-6-16 16:14
Can you show from wiki source there are urban foxes,
i don't think wiki says that.

I have posted the clip before, here it is again direct cut and paste job

Urban foxes
Red foxes thrive particularly well in urban environments.[57] Throughout the twentieth century, they established themselves in many Australian, European, Japanese, and North American cities. The species first colonised British cities during the 1930s, entering Bristol and London during the 1940s, and later established themselves in Cambridge and Norwich. In Australia, red foxes were recorded in Melbourne as early as the 1930s, while in Zurich, Switzerland, they only starting appearing in the 1980s.[161] Urban red foxes are most common in residential suburbs consisting of privately owned, low-density housing, but are rare in areas where industry, commerce or council-rented houses predominate.[57]
In 2006 it was estimated that there were 10,000 foxes in London.[162] City-dwelling foxes may have the potential to consistently grow larger than their rural counterparts, as a result of abundant scraps and a relative dearth of predators. While foxes will scavenge successfully in the city (and the foxes tend to eat anything that the humans eat) some urban residents will deliberately leave food out for the animals, finding them endearing.[163]

"Fleet" the urban fox from the BBC's Winterwatch
The urban fox has become quite a problem for some people. Disrupting rubbish bins, stealing chickens and wrecking gardens, the urban fox causes a nuisance. In the UK, hunting foxes in urban areas is banned, and shooting them in an urban environment is not suitable. One alternative to hunting urban foxes has been to trap them, which appears to be an effective method.[164]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-16 16:22:59 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-6-16 16:17
well at least some ravens have been tame enough to be reared as pets
and those that kept in london ...

And they certainly are not pests

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.