Views: 5015|Replies: 19

Forum trends: China or US: Which offers a better life?[7]- Chinadaily.com.cn   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-4 11:12:00 |Display all floors
7. Cleanliness

America is cleaner than China. 'Keep America Beautiful' is something that is deep in the mindset in the USA. Its part of our cultural mindset. Public toilets are much cleaner than the ones I've observed in China.

Cultural taboos in China (II)
You know you are in China when…
What can India learn from China?

The original piece:

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/b ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-6-4 11:12:01 |Display all floors
IMO, China strives to be cleaner, simply because there are people sweeping the streets, washing down guardrails and retaining walls, planting, etc. I was shocked to see dirty pavements and dusty walls in the states. Here I've yet to step in a wad of gum but in the states you have to watch where you walk lest you get stuck to the pavement.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-6-4 11:12:50 |Display all floors
No better or worse, just different.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 14:42:53 |Display all floors
i hear more Chinese people complain and being unhappy with their lives in China, perhaps more so because of, among other things, family forced career and marriage choices than in US, or repressed emotions or feelings due to cultural beliefs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 14:45:37 |Display all floors
I fully agree, but I hear of instances of violent crime that are not reported in the news as openly as in US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 15:54:54 |Display all floors
Treating other better..   yes and no.. Because i'm Chinese expat in china. I looks likes  local people in here.  Almost half of them are impolite . They are nice to foreigner who are looks likes a foreigner.. Blue eyes, blond hair ... ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-6 09:55:23 |Display all floors
If you want a better education that teaches you to think and express yourself, then I would say the US. If you want a place to enjoy and experience different cultures in one country, then I would say China.

If you want a clean environment where there are more efficiencies in our daily lives, then I would say the U.S.  If you want a place to savor delicious and a wider varieties of food, then I would say China.

If you want to be reminded ever now and then of personal hygiene and common courtesy, then I would say the U.S. If you want to be able to travel inexpensively and via public transportation, then I would say China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.