Views: 40313|Replies: 50

Is it difficult to obtain a Chinese green card?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-3 11:18:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by english-learner at 2014-6-3 11:19

If you would like to settle down permanently in China or spend more time here for family reasons, business, or any other purpose, here is good news for you: China is going to lower the threshold for granting permanent residence card for foreigners, known as a Chinese green card, in a bid to attract more foreign talents. It's been said that it is very difficult to obtain a Chinese green card. Is it true? Has anyone here had any experience of that? So how difficult is it to obtain a green card in China? Is there any real benefit to having a Chinese green card?Or do you have any visa issues in China? What’s the problem? Thanks for sharing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 12:12:43 |Display all floors
Hard to get, not worth it in the long run.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 12:43:30 |Display all floors
It is not fair this Chinese immigration laws in regards to Foreigners , because Chinese nationals Enjoy such a good life in Canada , USA , almost all western countries ,and getting permanent residency after 3 years in the Western countries , BUT the foreigners get ZERO benefit even after 10 years living in China , Foreigners have to pay a lot of money to re new their Visas , there is no Humanitarian grounds at all to offer green cards to those foreigners who live and serve China .

And only wealthy investors can benefit from green cards not those ESL teachers for example living long time in China ...the important the number of years some one lives in a given country not the amount of money .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 13:43:36 |Display all floors
can your body be tough enough before settling down in China?
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 08:57:28 |Display all floors
I do not know one foreigner who can go, oh yes...i want to live in China forever...maybe women married to a Chinese guy, or guys from war torn nations...but seriously, everyone just wants to come and briefly stay in China....
'Think for your damn selves' - Confucius

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 09:46:15 |Display all floors
The issue for me is about getting a work permit.  This problem exists in most countries but to different degrees.  Personally I know I have talents and skills to offer and know that i would be able to find employment that benefited me and China.  While I held jobs in Canada for the last 20 years of my career that required a university degree as my experience and education was deemed at minimum to be equivalent, I never graduated University.   There are several countries that I can legally work in but China is not one of them.  I accept that in this world there are a million things I can have and there are a million things I can not have.

Since I will not work illegally, I will not take one of the jobs that were offered to me in China.  This is a loss for me and a loss for China.   A piece of paper is one indication of qualification, in my opinion it should not be the only one,  however I respect the rights and laws of any country I visit or live in.  During my time living in China I focused on three things enjoying my retirement,  exchange tutoring in English no money involved and learning Chinese.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-6-5 11:10:29 |Display all floors
You can apply for a "D" visa which allows you to stay in China permanently as long as you register
with the local police department. I have to register my car with the local government every year
in the U.S. so it's really no more bother than owning a car in the U.S.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.