Author: dragon8

McDonald's murder in China sparks outrage   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-3 13:08:29 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-3 04:58
you might have learned how to handle weapons in the British army, but that does not mean a thing i ...

The founding fathers made the rules in a different age, times have changed.

You fail to address many of my points such as how do you decide if shooting someone is justified or not or who is a "baddie " and who is a "goody".

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-6-3 13:12:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-6-3 11:41
It must be remnembered that Klyer is an INDIAN; they don't have guns and bullets there - they sh ...

If Kyler was armed I am sure the death rate in Oz would rise, after all he is trigger happy in his comments

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-6-3 13:28:06 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-3 15:08

You fail to address m ...

When you see someone attack someone else in a public place with a knife or a gun or physically assault them and dont have a police uniform, then it is safe to presume that they are baddies. If you are not sure, wait for them to kill the first person and then you can try and take action (of course I dont expect you, personally to do that, you want to follow your British traditions of waiting and then perhaps calling the cops, I am using the word 'you' to indicate a person in general) ... In case of a school shooting or if you see someone randomly shooting at people or you without warning or reason, in a crowded public place, one can reasonably assume one could point a gun and warn them to stop or fire back and prevent further casualties.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 13:33:03 |Display all floors

yes, times have changed. good people have been effectively disarmed and neutered, leaving the bad guys with an advantage in the USA. Now it is a complete nanny state - everyone has to run to call the nanny to protect us from the baddies, AFTER a massacre. Common sense has gone out the window..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 13:37:41 |Display all floors

if one is not sure of who is the bad guy, one does not have to fire off a gun! one can do just what one would do if unarmed. But in many instances when the bad guys are evident, atleast one can step in and help or do something to stop the baddie.
I suppose they really taught you only to pull triggers on a gun and shoot at the first opportunity in your military training. Not everyone is like that. It is possible to train and learn when NOT to shoot - like when one is not sure. Simple common sense, but then you are 'professionally trained' not to think, or use common sense - you make the perfect soldier to be commanded and let loose on an 'enemy'... no idea of how and when to decide to use a weapon or not use one!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 13:43:35 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-6-3 13:37
if one is not sure of who is the bad guy, one does not have to fire off a gun! one can do just wha ...

Again you show your lack of knowledge, a soldier is taught when to shoot and when not to shoot. If civilians were given guns they would NOT be trained in any way,

Maybe you judge goodies from baddies in the way they dress. It is often not obvious and armed people will act on the adrenaline rush and mistakes will be made.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-3 13:54:32 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-6-3 15:43
Again you show your lack of knowledge, a soldier is taught when to shoot and when not to shoot. If ...

fully trained professionals make mistakes - both soldiers and police - remember the Brazilian who was shot in London?
civilians are more likely to be cautious and careful  and ACTUALLY THINK before using a gun. It is those with an attitude - "I was trained to use a gun in military and know all about it" who are dangerous trigger happy clowns if they dont know the meaning of restraint. I would not oppose a rule to exclude certain military guys like you from carrying guns in public. It is easy to train people to use a gun, less rules and tricky than learning to drive and judge situations!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.