Views: 8366|Replies: 20

What advice would you like to give to newcomers to China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-28 00:01:38 |Display all floors
Do you still remember the first time you came to China? You might be embarrassed for knowing shockingly little about the country and its culture. For the expats who has lived in China for a period of time, what advice you'd like to offer new arrivals? So they can avoid the negatives of culture shock and just experience the good – after all the whole point of travelling is to experience the new! What do you wish you had been told on your first day in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 11:50:18 |Display all floors
Too many peopel
Dirty air
Traffic jam often

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 12:33:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by taoeternal at 2014-5-28 12:40

I think you can make some friends with some native speakers that speak English as well through the Internet before you come to China.  this might be the most effective way for a foreigner to melt into the country, moreover your friends can also benefit from it, for you can learn from each other conveniently

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 12:45:24 |Display all floors
btw, I'll be glad to be your friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 15:30:16 |Display all floors
Yeah, it's better to find your "guide" in advance. And when others stare at you, don't be afraid, just give them a smile. Then you'll feel more comfortable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 16:10:17 From mobile |Display all floors
taoeternal Posted On  3 HourEarlier
btw, I'll be glad to be your friend...

Hey, I am a Chinese,and I am willing to help you guys adapt to the new environment in China.I am in Chongqing ,a municipal located in southwest China,renowned by hotpot and gorgeous ladies!Haha!If you need help,please contact me on this platform.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-28 18:13:17 |Display all floors
What advice would you like to give to newcomers to China?

Get back in the plane
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.