Author: lt1322min

Performance arts in China- explore or overdo?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-21 17:01:44 |Display all floors
gord

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 17:09:38 |Display all floors
Compare to traditional Chinese culture of experimental art practice, in my personal view, I don't agree with it.
Any art needs to have a healty display, not matter angry, sad, happy, fighting for rights, or against any social phenomenon, don't scare the passerby.
Seeking attention is the best announcement, but don't walk a incorrest direction. Most so-called performance arts are only to let him be known by more people, I have to say: please be back.
I don't think performance art is to abreact feeling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 17:13:15 |Display all floors
Making the grandstanding by performance art, do you like it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 19:29:09 |Display all floors
see what the western have done to Chinese youngster? degeneration~
use.less brainwashed stooges~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 20:45:01 |Display all floors
SICK !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 21:17:06 |Display all floors
in china these arts only mean idiot

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-21 21:53:55 |Display all floors
karen.Q Post time: 2014-5-21 17:09
Compare to traditional Chinese culture of experimental art practice, in my personal view, I don't ag ...

Of course its can be for bringing attention to something. Art comes in many different forms and one of the wonders of art is it's ability to change the world. The fact you read this article already brings attention to some of the issues that are being raised. It makes you think about them and maybe next time you stumble upon such a situation, you may be more sympathetic.

We are influenced constantly by everything around us, culture, society, friends, family, art, tv, movies, music. Everything affects who we are and what we are, defines us as people, defines our way of thinking, our way of acting. Even if you don't realise it you are influenced. I would argue such performance arts are a step forward to a more liberal world. A more egalitarian world. It raises questions and brings attention to problems that may otherwise slip past unseen.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.