Author: voice_cd

Is China's gaokao the world's toughest exam?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-12 19:45:46 |Display all floors
I have taken gaokao two years ago.It is the life barrier of me and my poor classmates.After gaokao, I know   more about myself and leave a good memory with my friends with me at that time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 19:50:02 |Display all floors
I attended gaokao two years ago.It is the hardest time in my life. After gaokao, I am ability to pass any strange exam I have ever met.I have had an unforgettable memory with my poor classmates.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 22:33:55 |Display all floors
The gaokao system must be reformed. As the society develops, this old system becomes increasingly out of place. First, the examining system cannot exactly test students' ability. It is inevitable that many students are abused and abandoned. Second, this system stresses the book knowledge too much and neglects the social. human and emotional life. Even the so-called successful students are not well shaped especially in character. Last but not least, the system cannot project the individualism of schools and students. The whole education seems too mechanically. We can find one thousand mistakes with the gaokao system, however, we have one essential support: most people support in our society. But that most people support it does not mean it is right to do it. We need to debate which kind of society we will build. The compromise must be achieved at all levels. Otherwise, we are falling into mediocrity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 23:25:41 |Display all floors
well there is one saying from my high school teacher, "in China, if you never attended the exam of GAOKAO, then you life might not be called complete." it is not exaggerating at all. we take GAOKAO as one of the hardest challenges in our whole life. and we sweat and work hard for it. it makes us learn to work hard and know that hard work not nessarlily bring good result but it do makes us spare no effort for our goal.there are seperate subjects, say if your are major in art then you have to study 6 subjects, including Chinese, Math, English, Politics, History and Geography. Of cos not all applier of the GAOKAO can be admitted by best universities. But to some degree, GAOKAO help to test out the academical capacity of some top students and help them to chase their dreams in better schools and on the other hand, they can be cultivated into better students and talents for society in the future. It is not necessary to say that the GAOKAO failors are refused. If they are failed in GAOKAO, then there must be some reasons. very often , there are two sayings, one is that the top students who always score high but failed the GAOKAO, so their supported believe that the GAOKAO is a bad thing that refused their dreams. But there must be some reason that the top students failed in the GAOKAO,maybe they feel too much good about themselves based on their daily good grades. On the other hand, the failure of the GAOKAO can help a students to work hard and develop their potential on other fields. Nobody limits them to seek road to the future through only GAOKAO.The other saying is that average students can not get high score in GAOKAO, then they are actually having discrimate education resource in the society. But the essence of society is unequality, you can not request the total equality. Especially when you are not very excellent in some ways. what you need to do is to work harder and reduce the gap between you and others.  If you have a good view about your future, nothing can stop your future even the so called only way to future for the rural area students.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-13 05:40:41 |Display all floors
wushengli Post time: 2014-5-12 22:33
The gaokao system must be reformed. As the society develops, this old system becomes increasingly ou ...

You write well

First, society should promote more diversity, more choices.....

Don't let the government dictate every thing......don't let the government dictate your self worth, your happiness, your choice in life, your self esteem.

Students, parents, friends and relatives must recognize other paths as equally good, equally desirable......perhaps more suitable.

It is the job of the government and the private sector to open up other paths that are equally desirable.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-13 06:25:47 |Display all floors
In the long term, other alternatives will develop.

There will be other exams that even Beijing U will recognize.

There will be more subject offerings,

Remember..........diversity brings stability,

A happy land, a more efficient land will have more paths that students, parents, friends and relatives.....and future employers and universities...........will also recognize as equally good and creditable.

A day will come when even the government will have to recognize the need to built more paths........and make the new paths creditable and recognized by the public.

Let many many paths compete with each other.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-13 10:34:02 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-5-10 15:52
Not even close to be true,the rumour I mean. On the contrary, China's Central Government is contem ...

My wife, who is Chinese, told me it was confirmed that English will be removed from the gao kao in 2016 but that the government will create another exam specifically for English.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.