Author: voice_cd

Is China's gaokao the world's toughest exam?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-11 22:35:59 |Display all floors
Gaokao may not be the toughest thing in their life: I mean, we have so many challenges that are difficult and cruel. And I do think Gaokao is not the only thing that defines people's life.  We see many successful people who didn't even go to college. We could miss a lot of time and opportunity to enjoy the best time in our lives if we focus on the only one thing: Gaokao.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-11 22:36:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Grace2014 at 2014-5-11 22:37

Gaokao may not be the toughest thing in life: I mean, we have so many challenges that are difficult and cruel. And I don't think Gaokao is the only thing that defines people's life.  We see many successful people who didn't even go to college. We could miss a lot of time and opportunity to enjoy the best time in our lives if we focus on the only one thing: Gaokao.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 13:37:08 |Display all floors
To some extent, gaokao is  the most fair chance for students, especially for those from rural areas. Because, many of the rural areas students couldn't get out of their mountain village to embrace the outside world without gaokao, which at the same time could enable them study hard and become more sensible than city students. With the perfection and development of the gaokao system, more and more rural areas students could live the life they want.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 14:08:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zjjhpj at 2014-5-12 14:08

What's about your ideal ?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 15:21:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-5-12 15:24

so what has these top gao kao students contributed to society?after graduation...................
- what have they invented?
- what music? what books? what movies have they made?
- how many lives they have saved?

you know how many students got stressed out

you know how many teenager lives are wasted in the process?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 16:48:10 |Display all floors
The Gaokao serves one purpose.
To separate those who have had the chance of a good education to continue via standardized exams.
IF THEY CAN AFFORD TO ATTEND COLLEGE.
The present system favors admission to students whose hukou are within a district or province and they can score lower. Those outside must achieve higher grades to become eligible and also pay higher fees.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 17:48:11 |Display all floors
How to judge a student? Take a talk with him/her? It is plausible, but in fact, it is impossible for everyone to have a chance to receive an interview. So we should admit that the grade is a good way, especially to the poor area. It seems impossible for them to pay the money and go to the big city to take an interview.The only way they can do is to study hard and take the exam, which means that they might have a chance to change their fate.
So I think grade is a good way at present.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.