Author: voice_cd

Is China's gaokao the world's toughest exam?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-17 07:22:48 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-5-17 01:14
It "would be so" because the result is millions of students in universities that are the wrong sch ...

"Millions of students in universities that are wrong schools ....." You do have hard data to support that if course and you're gonna be so kind to share the source with us, right? Or is it another of your "hear say" theories Andrew? You see kiddo, mind I call you this son since your age is close to half mine?  we have 3 daughters and all three are studying in Chinese schools including more who has gone thru gaokao and us studying in a Chinese uni!
You are all for changes, it seems it is common thinking in between you US citizens; if it's not like back at home, change it. Well let me break your bubble; as far as effectiveness and fairness goes, the college entrance examination ( in China and  dozens of other countries that hold similar exams) is the best solution to determine where a student can go. In all fairness, the best students get to chose the best  unis and their preferred  majors!
I would recommend you to stop looking at things in one direction only and start learning that some things work differently from your " land of the free". You obviously did not come to China to contribute anything to thus society but was sent here with one mission; rock the bait as much as you can agent Andrew, the NSA will be eternally thankful to you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:28:37 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-5-17 01:16
I can't imagine why.   I've never seen a "public servant" that even understood his or her position ...

That not a surprise coming from you little Andrew, since you don't understand anything that happens in this country! You might be a good ballet dancer but you're certainly a poor learner!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:29:46 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-5-17 03:41
There are lots and lots of students at PKU that never took the exam.

Prove it with data or shut your trap!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:30:02 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-17 07:02
One thing is sure.

Prove ut

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:35:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-5-17 07:37
longzhou Post time: 2014-5-17 07:30
Prove ut

You can  read that in Chinese blogs all the time........

Furthermore, I personally know two Malaysians who are currently studying in Beijing U

But probably you not  aware because you really not familiar with stuffs over in China.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:41:11 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-17 07:35

Furthermore, I personally know two Malays ...

So data is based in 2 cases and you make it a universal truth!

As for your claim that I don't know things happening in China, we'll maybe you're right but it would seem rather strange considering we(all the family) have been living in China for almost 20 years now, two of our three daughters were born here, all three attend or attended Chinese schools and the elder is graduating from a Chinese university. Yeah, maybe we don't know much!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-17 07:45:57 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-5-17 07:35

Furthermore, I personally know two Malays ...

Maybe we should all listen to you, a  Muslim Malaysian sitting in an armchair all day and who hates China and the Chinese, or from your new friend Andrew, a self proclaimed ballet teacher in PKU, who spends all his time saving students who want to jump from school buildings and watching university professors ride their Rolls Royce to work!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.