Author: JFenix

Nigeria’s China Connection   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-9 02:20:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-5-9 01:32
But you do realize there are no pure communist governments and no pure capitalistic governments ri ...

Communists and communal living means turning the country into one huge prison camp.......a giant bee hive.............

China is certainly not interested in that anymore............but the party ......the party wants to be the arbiter of every thing that goes on in the country.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 02:30:49 |Display all floors
  Money talks. That's about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 05:43:13 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-9 03:39
It's the same old story, if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day; teach him to fish and he'll ...

Who said 'help' means troops?

China is offering sattelite help and also some training for nigerian troops.  Same with UK.  The US has only offered intellegence as well.

What you don't get ol' Jonathon has already lost his image with the people.  Nigerians had been protesting the nigerian government for their inaction.  They protested with signs shaming the international community for not helping them.   If anything, it was the nigerian people that pressured the nigerian government to accept help from others.  At least it looks like they are trying.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 06:11:57 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-9 05:59
I had a good read of your OP and saw it was in the form of providing satellite imagery and trainin ...

There will probably be another war in Nigeria.  The Boko Haram just torched a village and killed several hundred people.

Mark my words...China will not be able to keep their 'non-interference' policy.  Especially now that it looks like they are going to surpass the US in the next year.  They will be expected by the countries they do business with to help them.

Even worse...there are over 17,000 chinese living in Nigeria now?  What about their protection if a civil war broke out?  What if they are targeted just to GET china involved militarily.  It just gets more complicated from here on out.

Nigeria has a lot of oil.  Oil = power.  There is not a country out there that wishes to see all that power going to a group of terrorists - that includes china.  Not those like the Boko Haram who have just went to far...they are starting to make the taliban look good.  I was just reading where hundreds of sunni clerics have come out and denounced this group since all the recent attacks.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 06:39:20 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-9 06:29
The situation certainly contains complicated dynamics. Boko Haram is receiving aid from the outsid ...

Well that would be great if we were dealing with sensible people.  Based on the actions we have seen, this is not the case.

You can't let those kinds of actions get rewarded.  When you do that, others will be just as horrific in order to try to get the same outcome.

These tactics of war have just gone too far.  I don't know about you, but the whole slavery reference really struck a nerve with me.  Maybe its because I am american and I have learned all about the shameful past with the african slave trade.  To sell human beings like this and justify it as blessed by his god...that is just what the christians did!!!!

Why can't we be past this?  Its 2014 not 1400.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 07:02:20 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-9 06:54
Most definitely they need to be severely punished for their crimes against humanity. But we still  ...

I really don't care who did it the most.  Its not my feelings I'm worried about.  Its empathy for those who have ever been enslaved.  Its a crime against humanity as you said.  And there is some guilt to bear all the way around including the africans who sold their own.  Its a horrible thing that should not happen in today's world.

And from what I am learning..they may just of shot themselves in the foot as many sunni leaders are coming out harshly against them.

So the best scenario that I can see is that they lose the outside support.   

Maybe then there will be people who will stand up who genuinely care about the well-being of the people.  Than negotiations can occur.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 07:10:07 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-5-9 07:08
Meanwhile we can only hope and pray for the safe return of the girls.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.