Author: JasonElliot

Chinese People are Treated Like Children Their Whole Lives   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-10 17:00:33 |Display all floors
first i agree with you.But,i'm a 23 years old senior college student.In your west countries,this age must be a adult and may be adult a long time.A west student when he graduate from college,he may have a all-world tour. And then back home get a good job.But for our,chinese students,what will be face for?They are have to find job,earn money to life.We can't made an other choices,except you have a rich famliy.So we just can tour in our heart,but not life.As a boy,a youth ,who don't like tour?who don't llike free?But if we do it,we have to face a big risk.Ok,i said them just want to say ,no one want to be treated as a child.But in china most our parents and elders don't want to our made mistake decisions.Idon't want typewriting,one word .our national conditions are different,and at same time our are turning better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 17:34:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ExileMick at 2014-5-10 17:38
S'rotide.Kcip Post time: 2014-5-8 19:55
Your post is illogical: you don't understand the definition of a slave versus democratic rule.  A s ...

'while in a democracy, a person can vote on what to do.'

Oh, you poor, deluded and brainwashed child. Yes, you can vote. Yes, you can listen to the politician's promises of sweeping away the idiots who govern you now and replacing them with super smart people who not only know what's best for you but will give you the wonderful land and future that your forefathers fought for.

Then, they are elected and the fantastic promises disappear. They are forgotten as the reality of the situation hits home and your new government does almost exactly the same as their predecessors.

You and all the others in the west follow the illusion of democracy. You believe that you and your vote can make a difference but can it really? Aren't you just replacing one set of idiots spouting empty promises with another? Even if it does make a minute difference, are you and the electorate really that well qualified to decide how a country should be run? Didn't your (elected) government allow the banks to cause an almost total collapse of the monetary system just a few years ago? Didn't Spain, Ireland et al need to borrow billions to stave off financial ruin and aren't you, the working man, still paying for that? What's that you say? It wasn't the government's fault, it was the banks? Oh, thank you for making me smile. It is the government which sets the framework within which the banks are allowed to operate. The government that was elected by, er, you!

Does it really matter whether people can vote or not? Which is more important, to have a vote or to have a government that is good for the country? The west lurches from one crisis to the next. Governments are voted in then out again as people exercise their right to substitute those have failed with those who will fail later. Western governments change almost with every election. New laws are written, new and old ways are replaced with others but with little difference in the end result. It is like the weather in Britain; there may be some sunshine occasionally but, for now, we have to put up with the rain. China, on the other hand, has a system where one party leads the country to greater wealth for all. Standards of living across the country are rising, millionaires become billionaires, more people own their homes, cars etc than ever before. Entrepreneurship is encouraged, small businesses are started and become bigger. More people are involved in the country's success and China grows stronger by the day while the west scrabbles around in the gutter hoping for a few scraps to fall from Uncle Sam's increasingly tired table.

As already stated, many elected governments in the west needed to borrow billions to avoid a financial meltdown. The USA itself prints more money that it can't validate and is in hock up to its eyeballs to, er, China! China is quietly laughing all the way to the bank.

So, which system is better for the country? Democracy, a circus of regularly changing idiots or China's one party leading it to assume its rightful position in the world?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 18:43:45 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2014-5-10 17:34
'while in a democracy, a person can vote on what to do.'

Oh, you poor, deluded and brainwashed chi ...

This can be said louder but not clearer! Thanks for that Mike. Food for the brains!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 19:28:32 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-5-10 13:43
How about my ain't who lives in New Jersey? What type of argument is that? We are talking about Mr ...

You don't need to get defensive and start with the snide remarks, it's a bit childish. It was a simple question.  

Those offshore accounts are usually used so that someone can avoid paying taxes in their own country, which is illegal. So as you say that you are talking about his efforts to fight corruption, would that include his own family members and the family members of the other top elites or is it just who he tells you is corrupt?

Polite answer will be gratefully appreciated

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 19:51:41 |Display all floors
Jamie999 Post time: 2014-5-10 19:28
You don't need to get defensive and start with the snide remarks, it's a bit childish. It was a si ...

First off, my asnwer had n personal attack on you, nor I was defensive; I stated the obvious. That you were answering way out of topic, so I used sarcasm to not that.

As for Mr. Xi, my personal opinion from what I see is that he is very serious and hard working person and he is the right man to the job! He will fight corruption to the core and if that has to include his next of keen, I am sure his hand willnot shake.

As I stated before in another post, to be successful in life and business there's no need to be corrupt. Mr. Xi is a clear example of what I see!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 20:44:20 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-5-10 19:51
First off, my asnwer had n personal attack on you, nor I was defensive; I stated the obvious. That ...

The "Dough!" remark as I'm sure you're aware is usually used as a snide dig, adults don't usually use this kind of language. Anyway I'm sure you didn't mean it in that kind of way

Answering out of the topic? you were talking about corruption! I hope you understand that not paying taxes and hording money abroad is also a form of corruption. Don't you think?

So the question again, was there an investigation? Why was the censorship working so hard to block this information in China? You seem like a smart guy and I'm sure you will be able to answer these questions for me and not try to avoid them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 23:36:41 |Display all floors
Jamie999 Post time: 2014-5-10 20:44
The "Dough!" remark as I'm sure you're aware is usually used as a snide dig, adults don't usually  ...

I see you are not a fan  of The Simpson's. One of the best philosophers ever uses this expression frequently, I'm referring to Hommer Simpson, of course. As for the rest if the post I gave no clue what you're talking about, but if you can offer me a link, I'll be glad to comment.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.