Author: voice_cd

Questions to ask English experts from Chinese learners(Round 3)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-18 15:09:22 |Display all floors
恰同学少年 Post time: 2014-6-5 21:43
That is so funny!As I know, most Americans have large houses,is that true?

Well that depends.  "Large" compared to what?  In the US a large number of people live in houses as opposed to apartments.  We also don't generally "buy" our apartments.  It took me a little while to catch on to what my students were saying as they would say their "house".  I kept thinking, I don't see any houses here in the city, but of course they were referring to their apartments.
Houses in the US range from rather small to very big.  The "average" house is usually 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms depending on the size of the family.  Some older houses have just 1 bathroom but today most have 2 or 3.  I think I once saw where the average size of a home in the US was around 140-150 sq meters (1500-1600 sq feet).  My house is an older one but has had some additions to it.  It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is about 224 sq meters (2400+ sq feet).  It is considered as somewhat a large house although there are bigger houses on my street.  Apartments can range from 45 to 300 sq meters with the price of rent to match.  I would be glad to tell you more if you are interested, it just may be awhile before I answer.  You know as I'm working on joining the Procrastinators Club when I get around to it.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-26 22:26:37 |Display all floors
adoptboys fromour countey is  not legal ecsept they get gov. app.  is anyone waanna work as a teacher here  i would know
http://www.ldoceonline.com/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.