Author: voice_cd

Questions to ask English experts from Chinese learners(Round 3)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-18 12:44:08 |Display all floors
geoxian Post time: 2014-5-17 10:45
Will 10 yuan cover it?

5 jiao will do him
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-22 14:25:00 |Display all floors
1. They 'do' exist, however they do not really allow standing on buses (safety laws). If there are no seats remaining, you must wait for the next bus. Thus the 'courtesy seat' only really applies to the location of the seat - being more convenient to access. The London Underground etc however does pack in standing passengers.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 11:53:14 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-5-22 14:25
1. They 'do' exist, however they do not really allow standing on buses (safety laws). If there are n ...

Okay.  I've only been on a bus in the US a few times.  I tell people there are more people in one apartment building in China than in my whole city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-30 13:53:57 |Display all floors
恰同学少年 Post time: 2014-5-12 20:41
Your English is just like what I read from English books.You know many chinese also say something  ...

You are correct.  I find that almost all of my Chinese students will often use correct words and state the sentence correctly.  It's just that I (we) would never say it that way.  Maybe someday I'll list the most common mistakes almost all my students make, for instance, using "have" for both "have and has".  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 21:41:44 |Display all floors
geoxian Post time: 2014-5-30 13:53
You are correct.  I find that almost all of my Chinese students will often use correct words and s ...

So you are English teacher from abroad?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 21:43:52 |Display all floors
geoxian Post time: 2014-5-29 11:53
Okay.  I've only been on a bus in the US a few times.  I tell people there are more people in one  ...

That is so funny!As I know, most Americans have large houses,is that true?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-18 14:55:27 |Display all floors
恰同学少年 Post time: 2014-6-5 21:41
So you are English teacher from abroad?

Been away from the computer for awhile.  Yes, I teach English here in China, I'm from America.  I've taught about 2 years now and right now I'm only teaching part time.  I was a teacher in the US but didn't teach English.   People ask me why I came to China, I tell them for adventure - and crossing the street in China is truly an adventure.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.