Author: voice_cd

New questions to ask English experts from Chinese learners   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-1 07:50:18 |Display all floors
For social networking, the sharing of photos is the most common reason that I get a notification. On FB, x has added y photos to IOS Album. Of course purely photo sharing sites have expanded too.
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 09:15:08 |Display all floors
Long time no see .is coloqiual and no more in use. We don't seldom use it.
Its raining in Gz now just indoors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 20:07:15 |Display all floors
ColinSpeakman Post time: 2014-5-1 07:47
Also remember that Mothers' Day is celebrated on different dates in USA than in UK. Not everybody' ...

That is true.
But the idea is the same.

Veterans Day (or it's equivalent) is on different dates in USA, Canada, UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 20:14:24 |Display all floors
ColinSpeakman Post time: 2014-5-1 07:45
Some folks would also refer to him as the SPARE ... As in when you get a flat tyre (or tire)

There's an obscene comical phrase that goes with that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-2 17:01:23 |Display all floors
Q1 : A friendzoned B.

Q4 : So many. Especially the adjectives in English articles written by Chinese.

Q6 : The ones I can't read, hahaha. My Chinese is still on Intermediate level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-2 21:51:05 |Display all floors
Q1:How to say “备胎(beitai)” in English?Translation is spare tire for the car but you need to ask a women who has pet names and they probably wouldn't tell you.  Usually the backup date is the nice guy and the dangerous one is the first choice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-3 08:23:29 |Display all floors
You Betcha is an informal term for the phrase " you bet you can do that " and is very commonly used in regions with large numbers of people whose ancestors came from Sweden or Norway like the states of Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin.  You would more likely hear the phrase, "ya sure, you betcha!"  The sports announcer's use for a slam dunk is his signature for an awesome performance, which is also a common thing for this occupation.  One famous sports announcer would use the phrase, "you can hang a star on that one", for anything that a Chinese announcer would shout 漂亮.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.