Views: 403|Replies: 2

Beijing needs rethink on development [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-27 17:22:59 |Display all floors
Beijing will indeed shift some of its administrative bodies and industries to Baoding, a city in neighboring Hebei province. But before doing so, which will divide its highly concentrated resources, Beijing needs to change its development model and promote balanced development in its own districts.
The "small districts for big cities" model is something big cities cannot do without during their de ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 17:23:00 |Display all floors
An interesting article.  In my opinion, Beijing should try to avoid having "only for sleeping towns", since this creates the need for long commutes which creates traffic and transportation problems.  When I first came to China (many years ago), I was delighted at how many people had short commutes.  I think that this is a real strength, and hope the government would consider how this could be encouraged.  I am not sure how, but it seems to me that it would help with traffic problems.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.