Author: dusty1

What would happen if China had the same Gun-laws as America ?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-1 04:44:29 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-4-30 22:59
I remember school as being a machine and a prison. Dress codes, homework, and nobody got a free ri ...

I agree to a point, students are expected to understand formulas work and number lines. A new trend is the new calculators are not as good as the model it replaces.
I agree with technology in the classroom, this is what keeps learning interesting and challenging to the student. You must remember we have new careers that never existed 30 years ago, so the education business market has to respond to society and business forces.
You are correct  schools are like Pink Floyd's Wall. That is the core business of a school, an education factory.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 11:05:51 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-5-1 04:44
I agree to a point, students are expected to understand formulas work and number lines. A new tren ...

Pink Floyd's Wall, great album... I guess it is what it is when it come to today's way of doing things. Stuborn people like myself that also keep up with the times, will just have to sit back and see the results. I know without any doubt my daughter will end up in good standing. We push her a bit, but she is also self motivated. However, she being a young teen just entering high school is being forewarned about some of the problems, meaning trouble, with some less motivated kids. In short, " If she wishes to fly like an eagle, don't hang with a bunch of pigeons"...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 12:25:38 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-5-1 11:05
Pink Floyd's Wall, great album... I guess it is what it is when it come to today's way of doing th ...

Full support, 24/7 is what she needs. Keep your temper and be the dad you always wanted when you where a teen

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 12:57:59 |Display all floors
The 1.5 billion Chinese would use their guns to kill their kings and then implement representative democracy, and then become a third world genetic cesspool like Africa.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 13:52:45 |Display all floors
Nitrogen Post time: 2014-5-1 12:57
The 1.5 billion Chinese would use their guns to kill their kings and then implement representative d ...

No, I think it all evolves around human nature. No matter the race, language, customs, or beliefs we have we are all the same, this is why we need tight weapon laws.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 15:13:33 |Display all floors
American people demand the right to have guns because they constantly fear being attacked, robbed, raped. Whether it be in their home, their car, their place of work or even when they play with their kids in a park, there is always this fear and the want to defend oneself and family from those who would cause harm.

Chinese people don't have this fear, there is no need for anyone and everyone to have a gun. China is civilised and responsible, America is not.

The question is, therefore, ridiculous. Oranges aren't apples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-1 15:36:04 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2014-5-1 15:13
American people demand the right to have guns because they constantly fear being attacked, robbed, r ...

So you accept the knife attacks in schools by strange adults as civilised.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.