Screenshot of the video

Previous Page 1 2

Next Page

Previous Page 1 2

Next Page

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 18:22:10 |Display all floors
The problem with Hong Kongers is the lack of sufficient space cause them to be pressurized with tensions rising easily. For this case, it is clear that there is the ill intention to exhibit the act of the toddler to be of a China mainlander. In fact, the photographer should excuse the incident and could have given directions to the nearest toilet available. It is a matter of how to solve a simple problem but not making a mountain out of a mole hill! SHEER STUPIDITY!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 19:04:36 |Display all floors
How in the world does one base a 'cooperation' article around the fact that someone let their child urinate in the street?  This 'behavior' is not an accepted on in most places on the planet.  There are things such as sanitation and hygiene that others consider important.  How many times in Xi'an I have watched parents 'help' their small children do this both #1 AND #2 on the street where others walk, but they do NOT clean up, just walk away.  In my personal opinion it is shameful behavior on the part of the parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 22:39:05 |Display all floors
I think the action of these HK adults really terrorized and traumatized the little toddler. Shame on them. Their actions are not better than urinating in public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 23:13:38 |Display all floors
Urinating in the street, in a public drain or bin is unacceptable to almost every civilised culture in the world today, so why is it acceptable in mainland China? Yes, it was a child and yes they need to 'go' sometimes at very short notice, but in Hong Kong there are toilets everywhere (public, coffee shops, arcades, malls, subway, McDonalds etc etc). Ít's been blown out of proportion but local people get fed up with seeing this sort of behaviour and eventually something innocent causes a big fuss which is the case hear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 07:39:07 |Display all floors
I am an American (Jewish) who has lived in Brazil, Germany, China, Hong Kong and Taipei.  While, in principle, people should not urinate in the street, some allowance needs to be made for toddlers.  It is unclear why the parents did not go into a  restaurant (every McDonalds or KFC has one).  Probably lack of experience as travelers. Mainland China has a long way to go in the area of the social graces.  Even in Shanghai one can witness daily public urinating even by adult men.  Education is needed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 11:30:47 |Display all floors
Smart people, when traveling to another location (foreign land) should know the laws and customs of that location.  Ignorance is no excuse.  Hongkong is not mainland china, it is a foreign entity, let your kid crap or pee on the street in London and see what happens.  all this shows is a complete lack of respect for the people having to use the same area publicly.  as for the picture taking, you dont want it done, then do do stupid things.  i have seen a complete lack of respect several times, at Tienanmen, where people will let there kid pee or poop on the square.  my god, how can you say you have respect for or pride in your country when you do things like that at your own national treasures.  that is why chinese tourist get into trouble in other countries, you do not respect your own national shrines.  personally, i think it is great the photo was taken and shamed the parents, good for that.  now the rest of you, dont want your picture taken?  know the customs, and do not put yourself in the same position by being ignorant.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.