Author: vincent01

More tolerance for mainland tourists?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-28 15:35:36 |Display all floors
Maybe because mainland tourist used to be less develop country. Mainland tourist also known by many as becoming illegal immigrant in many nations once they left the country as tourist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-28 19:43:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 12:07:33 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-4-28 09:50
Hong Kong people are not "folks from the Mainland".   Hong Kong became a separate territory with s ...

Yep. Escalator etiquette is nonexistent in the Mainland. I do my part, however -- I loudly tell people to move and I shove them aside. What strikes me as humourous is no one minds! It's perfectly acceptable that I push and yell!

Fortunately, in HK I can just politely walk to the left and continue on my journey.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 16:37:32 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-30 00:19:59 |Display all floors
Racy green eyed martian peeing its self-righteous half truths again 24/7 in public.  Amazing that the green eyed alien can be so full of itself here on earth !  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-30 02:48:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-30 13:03:00 |Display all floors
AndrewPKU Post time: 2014-4-29 16:37
Yes.  It was just an example of the differences between the two (which applies to far more than es ...

Ha, always fun times in the subway!

I'm rather tall and strong by relative standards -- I live in China's south -- so I often just bulldoze my way through the people when I need to exit. Few people down here are my size, so they have no choice but to fall back!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.