Author: lt1322min

Hainan Rendez Vous- China's rich learn how to play   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-21 23:01:00 |Display all floors

The yachts, priced at as much as a few hundred million dollars, are widely seen as the ultimate status symbol, after sprawling mansions, expensive cars and private jets.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-21 23:02:32 |Display all floors
It seems Hainan has become a playground for the rich.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-22 05:53:19 |Display all floors
The truly smart rich get out of China altogether.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-22 09:46:40 |Display all floors
Elysium...

far from mainland air/soil/water-pocalypse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-22 10:06:46 |Display all floors
If I was a billionaire, I would not go to the island, one reason being that I would be bored.  It's all fake and nothing to learn: I would go bored out of my mind.  No real adventure, no real knowledge gained: I would be in agony sitting on a chair on the beach staring at the ocean for hours, or sitting on that yacht with an alcoholic beverage, just looking at the sky.  Boring.  No: were I a billionaire, I would use my funds touring museums,  going on excavation trips, visiting the biggest world telescopes to look at the farthest points of the universe, etc.  

Of course, I would never allow myself to be super-rich in the first place, since I am an egalitarian and find such inequality to be unethical: my extra income would just go to public projects and research.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-22 10:09:09 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-4-22 05:53
The truly smart rich get out of China altogether.

The ethnic traitors, you mean.  That's good.  This is how Jewish also did it: people who are not loyal to the tribe are not wanted anyway: they can go become brainless gentiles.   So, nothing wrong with China also following the Jewish model.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-22 15:15:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.