Views: 4816|Replies: 10

What's the worst job you've ever had? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-4-17 14:17:22 |Display all floors

Every hour of every day, somebody, somewhere, is being stripped of their dignity, wondering what happened to the glittering career they hoped for. Unfortunately, we've not yet been able to substitute technology for human labour in jobs that largely rely on hand-eye co-ordination.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-17 18:08:16 |Display all floors
my worst job was as a moderator at here
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-18 11:22:49 |Display all floors
When I was a teenager my first job was at a fast food restaurant.
This particular fast food chain used a chain that ran in a loop through the fire.
The burgers were delicious but the chain was murder to clean after the day was through.
About 20 feet of link after link of burnt on grease and crud. Just cleaning one link was bad enough
but cleaning the whole thing was torture. I didn't stay at that job for very long.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-18 13:13:27 |Display all floors
When I was a college student there once an internship in a factory which produce the chicken(as food),I worked 12 hours every day in a assembly line but only got 40 yuan.Maybe it trained my spirit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-18 13:27:05 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-18 11:22
When I was a teenager my first job was at a fast food restaurant.
This particular fast food chain us ...

Sounds like the original Burger King.
Flame broiled, not fried.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-18 16:40:33 |Display all floors
I'd also have to go with a temp factory job during my teen years.. drilling holes in steel brackets for window fixtures.. tedious, repetitive, mundane.. bucketload after bucketload of undrilled metal strips... didn't return the second day.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-18 20:42:43 |Display all floors
16 years at Trader Joe's tasting wines.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.