Views: 6805|Replies: 16

The Great Attribution Error [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-13 14:46:48 |Display all floors
[This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-4-13 14:47]

When  I, we, the group we belong to makes an error, it is attributed to external factors
When others make an error, it is attributed to personality and internal factors.

Psychologists call this....the great attribution error.
This is a trait inherited from evolution, present in all humans.

If we are to live in an age of reason, and of logics, we have to be aware of this Great Attribution Error.

Users of words such as hanjian, especially at times of peace....are barbaric at best.....and have not evolved from his barbaric ancestors.......this people don't belong to the modern age and should be send back to their caves.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 14:52:49 |Display all floors
Evolution in times past favored genes with the Great Attribution Error when living in violent times in their caves.

But in the modern age of reason and critical thinking and international trade.......people of such leftover genes are barbaric and will soon go extinct.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 18:27:49 |Display all floors
Yes. You see this error in all contexts - political, sports fans, religions, nationalism, racism. I don't think humanity will overcome this tendency for a long time. Education and liberal parenting is the solution.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 18:35:12 |Display all floors
Great Attribution Error, technical name................Fundamental attribution error.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 18:38:05 |Display all floors
laymen call it racism, racists , nationalism, nationalist, etc etc....................

but these only address the symptoms and left out the fundamental cause and origin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-13 22:01:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-4-13 21:04
Very good post.

Modern psychology quite interesting.

Years ago, psychology is just about Freud.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-14 01:59:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-4-13 21:04
Very good post.

and when good things happens to them..................they attribute to internal factors and personality like hard work, intelligent.

and when good things happen to others, it is attributed to luck, to external factors,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.