Views: 5738|Replies: 13

Only gentlemen could solve such question.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-5-16 12:10:02 |Display all floors
The question as follow:

A girl was surprised by a unexpected call from her ex boyfriend that night, which confused her somewhat. They have been not in contact for almost three years. Once she companied him in the hardest time of his life. Now He makes a good living  with a family and a son.

Listening to his voice is so painful that her tears almost drop. She do not know what to do. Just chatting with him, or denying  to his calls?

Don't you think it is wise for her to know what leads him to think of her again?  Only men could understand their congener, So any gentleman here, kind enough to solve the difficult question for the silly girl?

Use magic tools Report

dreads has been deleted
Post time 2004-5-17 09:31:49 |Display all floors

My opinion

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-17 15:51:48 |Display all floors

I second that notion

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-17 16:58:46 |Display all floors

my point is

do not do anything to that man again.if you are wise woman it is right to do!but i think most of woman will answer and hold on the call coz woman are always soft heart in fact!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-17 18:36:09 |Display all floors

eTomato, what does your heart tell you to do?

In all fairness, we can only empathise with you to a certain degree (online), and the rest is still up to you. Also, it's better to get both genders' viewpoint instead of only referring this question to all the gentlemen out there...

Ok, I'm now reading between the lines... seems like there's more to what you are actually saying about this 'girl'...  and not as 'shallow' as it appears to be... am I right?

Now, a girl won't feel the way she does if she doesn't harbour some feelings for this ex-boyfriend. I'm saying this because I'd cut the guy off if he's trying to be funny about getting back into my pants again. However, if he's just thinking of making amends and to be friends again without any other expectations, it would be nice to have a friend back, don't you think?

Nevertheless, the main scenario here is that, he's made his bed and is lying on it, and he didn't choose to be with you but with the other woman. 3 years have passed... and la dee dee dah... he's thinking of either rekindling old friendships or have a roll in the hay. I don't know what he's thinking and I'm only guessing. So, it really depends on the girl - as in what she wants to do with this? Everyone ticks differently, you know what I mean?

My question to 'the girl' is that... "Are you still carrying a torch for this man?" Well, if she is, she'd better steer clear - getting into someone's marriage has it's negative repercussions, I'd say. I think let's not blame the bloke, as the ball is still in 'the girl's' court. Again, it really depends on what 'the girl' wants.  

Well, state the story in full if you want to know more of what I have to say - deal?
A girl was surprised by a unexpected call from her ex boyfriend that night, which confused her somewhat. They have been not in contact for almost three years. Once she companied him in the hardest time of his life. Now He makes a good living with a family and a son.

Listening to his voice is so painful that her tears almost drop. She do not know what to do. Just chatting with him, or denying to his calls?

Don't you think it is wise for her to know what leads him to think of her again? Only men could understand their congener, So any gentleman here, kind enough to solve the difficult question for the silly girl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-19 23:27:31 |Display all floors

or just trying to throw away the past happiness?

I really appreciate all the valuable suggestions from four gentlemen. In some cases, only slight difference is between being wise and being foolish, especially for the issue of emotion and love. It seems that most of you considered that the guy had some certain intention beyond just talking.

I would forward all of your advises to the silly girl. As Mr. Sweatestpeas said, 'the ball is still in 'the girl's' court'. The decision-making should be left for herself.

Really a dilemma for her. During the time when he lost his job, she met him by chance. Since then, she studied with him in the same classroom for a long time to prepare for the hard exams, and even attend exams in the same room. At that time, they were together almost every day. She told me that, in spite of no beautiful flowers and fantastic romances, even without much more sunny light because they just stay inside of room for study in most time, it still cannot be denied it was a memorable period for her. Happiness is not evaluated by material and money.

Being somewhat introvert, her complicated nature makes her hard to find friends to communicate from heart. Since the first day she met him, she enjoy talking to him. He might be the one that truly understand her. But finally.....the end of the movie is sentimental...And her heart always feel painful every time when anything reminds her of him. She said his voice from phone made her sad very much.

I know, the call from the guy disturbed the calm life of my dear friend. The guy said without her, he would not get success and make a change in his life. Actually, it is lucky for the silly girl that no problem on physical contact exists because the guy is very far away.

My advice for her is, just forget those past happiness, new happiness is required to keep our confidence and pretty. Just consider him as a friend, even though it is not so easy to keep borderline.

What do you think about my advice for the silly girl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-5-20 00:55:06 |Display all floors

To eTomato: I'm a woman, not a man

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm not a Mister :).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.