Views: 14005|Replies: 69

Women without money are rubbish?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-3 03:51:23 |Display all floors
There was another thread posing the same questions about men.

But in 2014 where there is plenty of opportunity for women in education and to join the workforce, do you think that women should also earn their keep?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 04:17:27 |Display all floors
i think i would njoy even more with this thread & see how others react to it...you go redacted you go  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-3 04:23:55 |Display all floors
good counterview, fair's fair...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 04:28:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by redacted at 2014-4-3 04:28

I personally would never marry a women who didn't have a career plan.

The amount of money is not so important to me, but she better be doing something with her life and not planning to just be a stay at home mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 05:37:02 |Display all floors
Well first of all....a stay at home mother is earning their keep.

I've raised three kids.  You couldn't pay me enough to stay at home and deal with the kids full-time.  Its exhausting.

Every job known to man is easier than raising kids.

When you are at a job, you get to deal with rational people.  You can get raises for doing a good job.  There are all kinds of rewards with a job that you just don't get being a stay-at-home mom.  

Its the hardest thing anyone can do.  You can't reason with a 2 year-old.  No one thanks you for doing a good job they just complain about what they don't have.  And they always want more and more and more and more.  No days off.  You can't clock out.  Even in your sleep you have to be on duty.

As a single mother, I dreamed of having a 'wife'.  So much easier to make money than keeping your sanity and doing a good job raising kids.  If I had a lot of money then, I would of supported someone if they were to do the traditional wife stuff.  Its a no-brainer.  

If you don't have all the stuff to worry about, you can make more money.  Its a partnership.      

I love my kids to death.  But there were times I wanted to kill them (not literally)...well you know what I mean.  But being a stay at home mom is something I could not of done.  Couldn't do it now either if my kids wanted to support me to watch their children.

So its extremely offensive to women to say a stay at home mom would need to 'earn her keep'.  Try paying someone to do all that stuff for you and see what the bill runs.  Its a partnership where she is getting the raw end of the stick.

Making money is so much easier any day of the week.

Its work.   

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-3 05:51:01 |Display all floors
I think the better analogy would be to say 'women who aren't pretty are rubbish'.

Men and women can both be very superficial.  Men often want a pretty girl regardless of her personality or wealth.  Its the prettiest that win.  Whereas with women, its not looks as much as it is money.

Those types usually end up together and they deserve each other.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-3 06:17:49 |Display all floors
My wife gave up he career as a doctor in China to marry me, move to Australia and start again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.