Do Chinese dislike second hand stuff?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-21 06:46:59 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2015-5-21 02:26
The boys dislike secondhand girl

I read that here many time

Haha, so true!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-23 17:42:37 |Display all floors
i think it's about hygine. i'm chinese and dislike used clothes. second-handed house appliances and PC are widely acceptable in China.
I think people have very different living habbits. e.g. I saw europeans swallowing food without water or soup or beverage several times. they don't find it DRY. but in china, especially in hotter south, this is unbelievable.
Likewise, some Chinese northerners may just take bath for 3 times per week during winter. This is hard to be believed by europeans.

Just different habbits and hygine standards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-23 17:44:27 |Display all floors
and we do have hundreds of charity institutions dealing with second handed clothes which will be shipped to some remote and poor regions in west china.
you just lack this kind of info due to language problem. these info are released in Chinese and spreaded amongst chinese via chinese local social network tools.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-5-23 17:55:23 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2015-5-21 02:26
The boys dislike secondhand girl

I read that here many time

If they've worked in KTV I can understand that.

But if they've just lived a normal life and lost their viginity along the way then I do not understand it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-23 18:17:25 |Display all floors
I find the Chinese attitude to second hand clothes and repairing clothes strange.
When I had a pair of boots that needed new heels, I asked friends to help me find a place for this basic repair.
they laughed and suggested I throw them away and buy a new pair.
I pointed out that there was nothing wrong with the boots that new heels would not resolve, as they were Italian leather boots.
I think throwing away and buying new, because of a minor flaw is consumerism at the extreme and just wasteful.
Likewise throwing away good clothes because 'they are out of fashion': this is why I wear 'timeless' clothing, as this constant obsession with the new is pointless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-23 20:26:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-25 23:26:31 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-5-23 17:55
If they've worked in KTV I can understand that.

But if they've just lived a normal life and lost ...

I agree

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.